Helmets on Crown Land

Absledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My niece and nephew have been wearing ski/snowboard helmets when they ride in the back of the rhino. That's with a full roll cage and 4 point harnesses. They've definitely been bounced a few time from an unexpected bump and I can only imagine if they had a heavier helmet on what there necks would feel like after.

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you really need to look at the BMX full face helmets... they are so light not much heavier then a hocket helmet or skateboard helmet but looks actually like a mx helmet... they are not DOT approved but way better then ski, snowboard, hockey or skateboard helmet... they are around 150 to 200 bucks thou...

and if your still concerned about neck injuries... nothing better then a junior neck brace

Attachments

• giro-cipher-fullface-helmet-5.jpg
    giro-cipher-fullface-helmet-5.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 111
Last edited:

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice to see people starting to realize the dangers a helmet causes to their scrawny necks with those large surfaces protruding and digging into the ground. There have been some advancements in designing a helmet similar to the human skull where the outer layer moves reducing a rotation mass by as much as 56 percent, this greatly reduces neck injuries. And motorcycle helmets being made of slippery surface so it does not grip the pavement but slides on it. First move is to recognize a problem exists before any advancements can be made it reducing neck injuries.

Zrock

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Going to put my 2 cents back into this. These roll cages on sxs are not true roll cages. Sure they do not collapse all the way most of the time but they can and will. Their is a huge diffrence in g force between falling on ice and the g force of a SxS or atv landing on your child's head. Hockey and snowboard helmets are not designed for that and they do not have enough padding inside to cushion the head in a accident. You may be the most responsible driver in the world but their are 1000 ' s of things that can go wrong on the trail. Helmets are pretty light now my little ones does not weigh much more than her standard bike helmet. To each their own on how they raise their children but personally I would never put anything less than a certified helmet on her head. I will not even let her ride 3 feet to park it.

Top Bottom