helmet cams

Billy Boy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just order a GO-Pro Helmet Hero through Avion Air Miles (off my wifes credit card) so it really did not cost me any thing. Just had to suck hole up to the wife because they were her Air Miles. Should be receiving it in the next couple of days, kind of exicted to see how it performs.

Billy Boy:cool:

Deasoninc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I took a bunch of video on our last trip last June. When I got home I went to watch the video and found that all the video has an orange tinge to them? I had more then one card and the same on both. Anyone else have this issue and if so what is the fix if there is one at all??

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Which camera? Are you playing it on a PC or TV? If you're playing on your PC, have you tried a different PC to rule out a hardware issue like your monitor or video card? You could also try and find out what codec the video uses and make sure it's the latest. http://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j...3-mNCA&usg=AFQjCNGXVCDyTrq6IYTKxAUAguw7w9YhGw
Some cameras have firmware updates that can be downloaded that fix known problems and issues.
Contact the manufacturer and ask for their help. I have a Drift camera and they have excellent customer support. Multiple emails and a one on one phone call to help me resolve my problem.
Other manufacturers may be the same.

Last edited:

Deasoninc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Which camera? Are you playing it on a PC or TV? If you're playing on your PC, have you tried a different PC to rule out a hardware issue like your monitor or video card? You could also try and find out what codec the video uses and make sure it's the latest. http://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=updating video codec&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CB0QFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.free-codecs.com%2F&ei=kP-7TvzUGYqc-waC3-mNCA&usg=AFQjCNGXVCDyTrq6IYTKxAUAguw7w9YhGw
Some cameras have firmware updates that can be downloaded that fix known problems and issues.
Contact the manufacturer and ask for their help. I have a Drift camera and they have excellent customer support. Multiple emails and a one on one phone call to help me resolve my problem.
Other manufacturers may be the same.

I believe it is the 170HD , I was just watching it on the camera itself , of course I forgot it at home today but I will check it out when I get home. You wouldn't happen to have the contact info you used?

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the same camera.
I just used the contact info from the website. info@driftinnovation.com I dealt with Rubens.
If it's on the camera, make sure you have the latest firmware installed. That will be the first thing Drift will ask you. They have a list of firmware upgrades on their site.

Last edited:

Turbo-North

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe make sure you didn,t set it to nightvision either. I have a Drift 170 HD never had an issue with the colour. Oh try it on a PC or TV might be the screen on the camera,but i,m sure mine was fine. I,ll have to check though been a while since i had the camera out !! Make sure you go tto their website and do the updates too. !!

trhaus

Reaction score
hey guys i bought the liquid goggles with the cam in them and the quality is good, but somewhat shaky, it could be me lol. only the 720 version is available so far. my biggest complaint is that they limit your vision so u end up turning your head instead of using your periferal vision, which works great for the cam to pick up everyting but at the same time u get a blurry flash everytime u crank your head. they are nice that the blue light turns on when the video is activated and blinks when the video is rolling. the red light is on when the camera is on. the 2 button user friendly set up is very easy to use. And the best part is the better quality versoin is coming out soon

sled-fiend

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.raintek.ca
hey guys i bought the liquid goggles with the cam in them and the quality is good, but somewhat shaky, it could be me lol. only the 720 version is available so far. my biggest complaint is that they limit your vision so u end up turning your head instead of using your periferal vision, which works great for the cam to pick up everyting but at the same time u get a blurry flash everytime u crank your head. they are nice that the blue light turns on when the video is activated and blinks when the video is rolling. the red light is on when the camera is on. the 2 button user friendly set up is very easy to use. And the best part is the better quality versoin is coming out soon

Pretty much everyone has the 1080P version in stock already.

zeebs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

It seems that way with almost any helmet cam. I have my contour mounted to the side of my helmet (not the goggle strap) and I didnt realize I moved my head that much while riding until now. A little movement on the head goes a LONG ways on the camera.

Thinking of buying the new GOPRO HD. Or the Contour GPS. Not sure which one to get.

I like my contour just from the fact its simple to use, and fairly compact. Before I bought one I was looking at GOPRO and they just seem to be big and bulky. The mounting system just looked weak. I realize plastic isnt the toughest product out there but I could just see myself going through trees or under a log or something and catching the GOPRO on it and breaking the mounting. I could still possibly catch the contour on something too but the chances are way less since its just a little thicker than my quick straps.

teamgreen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So I got a drift yesterday, looking at options to mount on hood, I guess I will velcro to helmet for now

Top Bottom