helmet cams

jimxp

Reaction score
im lovin my contour 1080, hd, only about 4hrs on the battery though

PowderMafia

Reaction score
Website
www.lubedealer.com
The GoPro 1080 HD battery has a built in battery warmer for longer battery life, the choice for a cam is a personal preferrance, but there are great cams and not so great cams, I can deal with the issue of the buttons but I can't really accept poor quality video(picture and sound), so I spend a little extra for quality and mounting options and size.
just my 2 cents
But whatever you use make sure your out having fun, because that why we have the cameras is for the fun

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got a Drift 170HD with the long life battery. I would say 3.5 hrs max battery life at -15 but seeing as I have not used it much that's an estimate. Simple to use with day/night and sensitivity settings or use it as a camera. Has 300? degree swivel lens so you can mount anywhere and set lens reception horizontal. Regular battery for backup but both will not fill the 32gb card. Remote on/off has audible notification that you can hear inside the helmut, fits like wrist watch and buttons are glove frendly. Wifey did good for X-mas. :d

Last edited:

btcowboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just like in brand of sled, brand of vehicle, everyone has their favorite. I got the GoPro HD hero Motorsports, but have yet to try it out. I believe its a great camera and will post when I get some footage. Just pick the one you like the best, do your research.

Turbo-North

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got a Drift 170HD with the long life battery. I would say 3.5 hrs max battery life at -15 but seeing as I have not used it much that's an estimate. Simple to use with day/night and sensitivity settings or use it as a camera. Has 300? degree swivel lens so you can mount anywhere and set lens reception horizontal. Regular battery for backup but both will not fill the 32gb card. Remote on/off has audible notification that you can hear inside the helmut, fits like wrist watch and buttons are glove frendly. Wifey did good for X-mas. :d

My drift 170 hd holds a 32 gb card and around 4 hours battery life with the better battery. So i can record like 8 hours of video. Little hint to save battery life. SHut the LCD screen off. Night mode sucks. I tried to get footage of me at work plowing snow. Dark oh look headlights dark oh look lights. Yeah 300 degree can mount camera any angle and just turn the lense 8^) :d

Deasoninc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You guys with the drift I have a question , on the remote I can`t seam to make the unit `stop` . Is there a trick to stopping it

finkous

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
anybody used their gopros for scuba diving? i am in the market to get a camera, and was leaning toward the drift HD170 but now seeing its only waterproof up .5 meters, thats hardly enough to say its waterproof, so now i am thinking the gopro, or is a waterproof casing available for the drift to make it waterproof up to deeper depths?

Klondike Mike

Reaction score
Here is a quote from a thread off another forum about using the gopro under water

"My last trip to the Bahama's I decided to give the Gopro a test, so I staped it on to my big underwater unit and down she went to 100 feet, dry as a bone!, and the footage I got of it was awsome. When I get back I will add it to this post"

You can find that thread here

There ia also a LCD bacpac screen for the gopro that can be used on the camera on the go here GoPro LCD BacPac

Klondike Mike

Reaction score
anybody used their gopros for scuba diving? i am in the market to get a camera, and was leaning toward the drift HD170 but now seeing its only waterproof up .5 meters, thats hardly enough to say its waterproof, so now i am thinking the gopro, or is a waterproof casing available for the drift to make it waterproof up to deeper depths?

you can get a corrective lens for the gopro housing for underwater use here

rmk 800 144

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok here is the thing im thining about get a cam is it worth he money for the HD? I was think GoPro or the Drift i dont know if its worth the money.:confused:

Turbo-North

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone have the new Drift looking on there site looks like its cool?:d
I have one LOVE IT!! I have tried 720 ane 1080 both look great don,t see much difference in the quality. Just in the file size, way bigger in 1080. So i use 720 if i plan on uploading to the net!!

mrjck

Reaction score
Hey guys, can't comment on owning the Drift, but watching a lot of comparison vids on youtube, I decided the GoPro Hero HD ultimatley had the best picture and sound quality. It seems to cut the wind noise much better, the shots are always in focus, and its super easy to use. Just learn what button to push, and it works every time. I dont even take my helmet off to check because I know its on and shooting when I hit the buttons... Also the GoPros have proven they can take a real beating, I dont know what other camera can reliably take that sort of abuse. I've found my battery life hardly drops in cold weather, which is really nice too. The Lithium-Ions preform great... With an 8Gig card, and turning the camera on and off all day, I find I run out of memory and battery about the same time with that combo, then just swap in my second card and battery and I'm good to go again. (I always shoot in 720p)

Heres my 1st crack at a sledding vid, a buddy and I riding up in McBride, we both have GoPros.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2lLusDOHfE[/media]

94fordguy

I got the Go Pro 960 HD and record in 720p mode and am not disappointed. Turn it on and off as needed and it lasts all day long with the lithium battery pack... I like the consistent picture color and balance and has pretty decent audio IMO.

Not sure how the older ones worked, but I have mine mounted in the inverted position just under my visor and it is protected and easy to reach and turn on/off. Absolutely no complaints with it at all:d

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGuMyZ7d6Qo[/YT]
[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFJA-s3k1xc[/YT]

Top Bottom