Hell's Half Acre=Residents Pe-od

RedBoy400

Reaction score
Comments like that,tell me a whole bunch about you! no doubt this guy must be a meat ball :mad:

Ouch dude, yea. I live in Edmonton, have all my life, i am new however to this forum. I can't speak for everyone that comes out from the city but I know I always make an effort to clean up after myself after I've camped and leave the place in the same condition if not better than I found it in, usually leaving with more empties than I had full going in.

Anyway, hoping to meet some of you at the Edson Rally July 4th :)

yzgirl09

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
lol, nah I like to go fast and I can't rip on a dirtbike when you gotta battle through the mud every time you turn a corner... good on a quad... a lot of work on a dirtbike :( I used to ride quads before mine nearly killed my mom, she was hospitalized for weeks in and out of surgery..it F#$%@d her up good so never ever will I ride a quad again :S

I think I will try goin out there again today..hopefuly it has dried up a bit ! ;)

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
lol, nah I like to go fast and I can't rip on a dirtbike when you gotta battle through the mud every time you turn a corner... good on a quad... a lot of work on a dirtbike :( I used to ride quads before mine nearly killed my mom, she was hospitalized for weeks in and out of surgery..it F#$%@d her up good so never ever will I ride a quad again :S

I think I will try goin out there again today..hopefuly it has dried up a bit ! ;)

STOP saying that....HHA is about the mud.....if you want hardpack go ride cougar creek just south on hwy 16......you'll need to be fast...

yzgirl09

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
whoa calm down now.. I actually really enjoy riding at HHA, I love the combination of the hard-pack and soft dirt trails there..and the whoops, it's awesome..just in the last week or so it hasn't been as good for dirtbiking from all the rain. So where abouts is Cougar Creek exactly? I thought for some reason it was near HHA....

LimaMikeMike

Reaction score
that is ture keep the city people out would be alot better.... and keep it for the locals..

I'm not sure if you've noticed most of the "city folk" out here originate from somewhere else, usually a small town somewhere else in Canada.

Thats why they come out to enjoy the outdoors and ride sleds, quads, bikes etc....

And I`m pretty sure it was some local guys that were marking their trails out at Vega with empties.

mallard d69

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
that is ture keep the city people out would be alot better.... and keep it for the locals..

dude this is horrible to say. im from the sticks, not the country; the STICKS the nearest house 2 km away.
but i live in the city now and i'll guarantee you, us city folk take better care of areas then most locals. i say most because there are people like bogger that take great pride in there local area.
us city folk take good care of riding areas because we have to drive to them, and we don't want to loose them. when we loose an area, we only have to drive further to get to a different place. we have more respect than most locals who take advantage of the areas they have because they feel they will always be there. well guess what, we all need to wake up, take a step back, and think about this. just look what happened to bruderhiem. Do we want this happening anywhere else? Not a chance. Show some respect.
:rant::rant:

razorsedge

Reaction score
Website
www.jetsowner.com
Where is this Hell's Half Acre?

I always bring out a garbage bag and make a point of cleaning my mess, and I grew up a city boy. Heading into Brule yesterday, I noticed a lot of empty beer cans and other garbage on the side of the road. Such disrespect!!:rant:

Local

Reaction score
As a "local" to HHA area I do not have a problem with people coming out and having fun. It is beautiful country and trails here. I do have a problem with racing on the road, garbage, noise, destruction of property, trying to run us over as well as county cops and our pets. The list goes on and on. We have had 4 stolen vehicles dumped and lit on fire and groups of people confronting and attacking us when we have a problem with the noise and partying, especially in the middle of the night. I was just notified of the proposed staging area and I am sad to say for all the respectful people that come here I will fight this. I am a believer that if you want to have these "toys" you should have a place to ride where residents don't have to tolerate this. How would you feel if we behaved like this in your yard?

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As a "local" to HHA area I do not have a problem with people coming out and having fun. It is beautiful country and trails here. I do have a problem with racing on the road, garbage, noise, destruction of property, trying to run us over as well as county cops and our pets. The list goes on and on. We have had 4 stolen vehicles dumped and lit on fire and groups of people confronting and attacking us when we have a problem with the noise and partying, especially in the middle of the night. I was just notified of the proposed staging area and I am sad to say for all the respectful people that come here I will fight this. I am a believer that if you want to have these "toys" you should have a place to ride where residents don't have to tolerate this. How would you feel if we behaved like this in your yard?

there you have it. unfortunately i would bet that none of those bad apples are on this site. the people that care are on here reading this stuff and fighting to make it right. i understand your position and completely agree that behavior should not be tolerated.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
they are in your yard? wow, i would be upset too if someone was in my yard doing that.

Local

Reaction score
Unfortunately they are in my yard, apparently it is great fun to jump their ATV's across the road and rip around my back yard to take a break and lite fires by the pond on our property. All I am saying is if they just showed a little respect it might not be such a problem.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately they are in my yard, apparently it is great fun to jump their ATV's across the road and rip around my back yard to take a break and lite fires by the pond on our property. All I am saying is if they just showed a little respect it might not be such a problem.
what does the RCMP say when you call them? they told me to put up signs if i didn't want people on my property

Local

Reaction score
what does the RCMP say when you call them? they told me to put up signs if i didn't want people on my property

It takes a couple hours for RCMP to come and they can't do anything unless" they are caught in the act" So unless we chase them down and restrain them until the RCMP arrive we cannot do anything

Toyboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It takes a couple hours for RCMP to come and they can't do anything unless" they are caught in the act" So unless we chase them down and restrain them until the RCMP arrive we cannot do anything

If I was you I would invite some of us respectable riders to come for a ride on say a popular long weekend to assist you in confronting these azzhats I would be willing for sure. And my dogs are real good at cleaning up the mess and turning it into fertilizer. Lol

Local

Reaction score
If I was you I would invite some of us respectable riders to come for a ride on say a popular long weekend to assist you in confronting these azzhats I would be willing for sure. And my dogs are real good at cleaning up the mess and turning it into fertilizer. Lol

LMAO that might just be a great idea :)

Top Bottom