Hell's Half Acre=Residents Pe-od

Grizzly4323

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hearing bad news coming from the residents around hells' half acre. Trucks in there destroying trees, lots of noise, leaving a pile of garbage behind . Cans, bottles etc. You get the picture..Also damage to private property.
They have got Parkland County and the Rc's involved. Sounds like the cops are going to be patrolling the access areas regularly. Lots of beer getting drank means drunk and driving.
Maybe the users out there should have a little respect for the residents. Take out what you take in, stay back from private property and watch for posted signs. But first use your head!!!!!!!!
Would be fun to go out there and watch the gong show as the coppers sit and wait for the RETA^%DS when they come out.......:thumbsdownm:
No wonder the fight is always on to keep areas open.

Mc Squished

Reaction score
:cool:
Not that I disagree with your comments as a whole, but read you last statment and then look at your avitor.

Did you ever stop and think that might be his property that he is stuck on? just cause we ride'em like there ment to be, dont asume that we trash the places we ride & are tryin to keep open! keep up the preachin Turbo240, at least you have the balls to say it like it is!!!!

T-GUY1978

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i think he was trying to say you are ripping up land in your pic. But it could be your land not crown land or private property he doesn't know that. But getting back on topic its sad to hear how people treat other peoples property (private or public) and how they wreck it for the rest of us.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
HHA is my backyard....We ride regularly...I've heard complaints (mainly on here)...We usually travel in large groups and I have no issues telling anyone to smarten up, but as of yet I havn't encountered such a situation....Access through the tree farm is safe, I've spoken to the owner...Pump jack access can't be closed (too many ways in)....I've spoken to the Lac-st-anne RCMP and at that time they were cool to deal with...had no issues long as you are legal.....Really suck if they shut it down...

Doc and I are gonna have to go on a patrole of our own....

shmole

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hearing bad news coming from the residents around hells' half acre. Trucks in there destroying trees, lots of noise, leaving a pile of garbage behind . Cans, bottles etc. You get the picture..Also damage to private property.
They have got Parkland County and the Rc's involved. Sounds like the cops are going to be patrolling the access areas regularly. Lots of beer getting drank means drunk and driving.
Maybe the users out there should have a little respect for the residents. Take out what you take in, stay back from private property and watch for posted signs. But first use your head!!!!!!!!
Would be fun to go out there and watch the gong show as the coppers sit and wait for the RETA^%DS when they come out.......:thumbsdownm:
No wonder the fight is always on to keep areas open.

I have to agree....this carries over to ALL areas. A little respect results in MANY hours of continued riding.
Can't control everyone, but can control what I do when we go out...we always come back with a box full of garbage. Good for the kids..@ 10 cents a can...LOL

Bruteskeg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you know after reading about all this BS. I no longer wish the tell people on any of these fourms wear I ride. Sorry not trying to be a jack ass but I was at vega last week and its gettin trashed. 2 years ago it was way nicer. Wounder how much longer now b4 they shut down the other side of the sandhills .... AT least the ferry guys job will be easyer .

MrMorgan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you know after reading about all this BS. I no longer wish the tell people on any of these fourms wear I ride. Sorry not trying to be a jack ass but I was at vega last week and its gettin trashed. 2 years ago it was way nicer. Wounder how much longer now b4 they shut down the other side of the sandhills .... AT least the ferry guys job will be easyer .

It's almost like your prized fishing hole. Tell one wrong person, and it's no longer a prized fishing hole.

I can't enforce other people, but I make sure to find a couple extra pieces of trash when I come out. That way I am leaving better than I found it. I find it hard to believe our sport has even a fraction of the impact that oil exploration and forestry have. I will stick to the cut lines, rail lines, and clear cut areas and I will never be short for places to ride.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
that is ture keep the city people out would be alot better.... and keep it for the locals..

The "City People" I've had the pleasure of riding with are not the problem.....Like in Bruderhiem the Locals are far worse than the visitors...at least the visitors appreciate the areas...locals often tend to take it for gantit and feel a certain "right" to be there....I don't see how any one person has any more right than another to ride on crown land no matter where it is...most of us who ride can and do afford high taxes...crown land is as much Mine as it is anybodies....Just sayin

Rider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Crown land is kinda funny we have a large amount under lease from the goverment. We use it for pasture for our cows and in the land law stated in our contract nobody is allowed on it from Dec1 to Sept 15. legally they can only be on it during hunting season. But we still get a lot of people that really abuse the hell out of it. Surprisingly the worst ones are the ones that are the closest to the areas. We have 4 groups that are from a ways away that have been coming out there for years and after they leave you don't even know that they were out there camping. But the other ones looks like a garbage dump many hours are spent cleaning broken bottles are the worst. Wish every one could be as responsible as the few that have the respect we on snow and mud do.

yzgirl09

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm interested in checking out this "Hell's Half Acre"..despite the disputes that seem to be going on here... is it a good place to take dirtbikes? I ride often out near RR24 which is apparently close, but i'm looking to explore new areas...feedback?? directions?? Thanks!

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
I'm interested in checking out this "Hell's Half Acre"..despite the disputes that seem to be going on here... is it a good place to take dirtbikes? I ride often out near RR24 which is apparently close, but i'm looking to explore new areas...feedback?? directions?? Thanks!

you could already be riding the same area, do you go north of the yellowhead on RR24 and stage on the west side? if so, then you've been to hells half acre

yzgirl09

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ohh okay..I thought someone told me it was on like RR30, no worries then....I went out there yesterday...super greasy, need it to dry up a bit..

nursepwdr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All everyone needs to remember is we can choose to have the areas open for the future or choose to have them closed sooner than later .....respect, that is all we need and things will work themselves out!!

Top Bottom