Headlight lens

jeffso

Reaction score
Anybody have any good ideas on how to clean lens on headlight . mine is faded realy bad 2001 dodge

Familyfun

Reaction score
I wet sanded and polished mine, then clear coated them, not sure how they will stand up but they look like new.

jeffso

Reaction score
I will have to try that looks quite simply

m8cat

Reaction score
Being in the automotive industry for 25 plus years I can tell you that none of that stuff works for very long... Best bet is to replace them. The aftermarket makes replacement lights etc. for a very resonable price now a days. Some of the better ones have updated reflector technoligy that puts more light where you need it.

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You can get the McQuires plastic/healdight polish from C-Tire and it works failry well, or go to an autobody supply ( I went to NAPA autobody supply) and you can get a more agressive polish. This has worked wonders on our two vehicles. One was fairly bad so I also wet sanded with about a 1500 or 3000 I think it was, before the polish. Year and half later they are still both looking good.

jeffso

Reaction score
not on your life would i ever never buy a chevy

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The other way is to buy a CHEV

Wow that was well thought out and insightful, geez,.. my car is out of gas, maybe I should go buy a chev,.. hmmm

Thank you for your constructive idea.

Going to have to check out C-tire tomorrow, have to do the family wheels as the lenses are getting faded.

2manykids

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If it is yellowish color and on the inside, take it out and pour vinegar into it and swish it around let it sit for a bit and pour it out. Make sure that when you put the bulbs back in it is dry inside. If you can get some thin foam to put over the bulb socket will help it from coming back right away

Top Bottom