HD V-rod

08154XP

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As far as the small gas tank goes, as long as you buy an 07 or newer Vrod they come with a bigger tank from factory than the previous model years. I think it is somewhere around 19 litres on the 07 or newer vrod. I could get around 250 km's per tank from right full to right empty and that is riding pretty hard. For some reason I drive a lot faster and harder on a bike than I do in my truck.

smokindave

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a buddy with a all black murdered out turbo'd V Rod,very impressive.

I still can't figure out the guys that ride the old air cooled Harley's,you would think they would want more and better longivity with water cooling but they would prefer old stuff like springer front ends...technology from the 1920's.:eek:

heavy d

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I remember watching a documentary on the building of the v-rod. If I remember right, once they worked the bugs out of the design and got it all to fit together, they thru it in a tin shed in the Mohave desert closed the door and let it run for something like a thousand hours with 300lbs on the seat held at 70 mph on a dyno. Nothing more than a feeding tube of gasoline. No heating issues...nothing...ran like a champ

trench

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I still can't figure out the guys that ride the old air cooled Harley's,you would think they would want more and better longivity with water cooling but they would prefer old stuff like springer front ends...technology from the 1920's.:eek:

The street rod I bought is the only Harley I would consisder buying and they only built it for 2 years cause no one was buying them WTF???

Trench

SC Carts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
"Re: HD V-rod
Originally Posted by smokindave View Post

I still can't figure out the guys that ride the old air cooled Harley's,you would think they would want more and better longivity with water cooling but they would prefer old stuff like springer front ends...technology from the 1920's.

The street rod I bought is the only Harley I would consisder buying and they only built it for 2 years cause no one was buying them WTF???

Trench "

Hey Guys

I'll start off by saying we are fans of the V-rod, the hydro formed frame, the Porsche designed engine, the handling, are all great! V-rod is by far the most reliable HD every built.

From our experience with working with customers over the years, the common feeling about the V-rod is it's not a Harley, for many that's a great thing, but for true Harley guys it's not great thing.

The reason you own a Harley (besides the lifestyle they have sold for the past century) is because it sounds like a Harley, and it looks like a Harley. The V Rod certainly doesn't sounds like a Harley nor look like any other Harley. Also you have some guys who have been riding HD's since the Pan's and shovels, they have been able to work on there own bike etc... There is no way these guys are going to convert to the V-rod. So the Harley guys have not embraced this bike and that is partially why it hasn't done real well on the sales end of things.

The other reason it hasn't done really well is because the guys that are interested in the V-rod don't really care if it's a Harley or not (for the most part) They are looking for a good handling, reliable bike with some Jam! This opens up a huge market of other bikes such as Honda, Yamaha, Kawasaki etc... These manufactures have been building sport cruisers for a very long and are very advanced in technology compared to the V-Rod. Also sticker price to sticker price you can get a lot more bike with an import mfg if you are looking for this style of bike. Yes the used price of V-rods has dropped dramatically, however the import bikes are always more affordable at the used level as well.

This is what we have learned over the years, now with that being said the V-rod is a great bike, and the only Harley you can miles and miles on and won't have to pick up a wrench.

If your looking for the best bang for the buck, the Yamaha Warrior is an awesome big bore bike that can be had for less money then a V-rod, and also the Meanstreak is an awesome bike.

Thanks

Holomis Staff
HOLOMIS INTERNATIONAL home page
info@holomis.com

MrHankey

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
"Re: HD V-rod
Originally Posted by smokindave View Post

I still can't figure out the guys that ride the old air cooled Harley's,you would think they would want more and better longivity with water cooling but they would prefer old stuff like springer front ends...technology from the 1920's.

Trench "

Hey Guys

I'll start off by saying we are fans of the V-rod, the hydro formed frame, the Porsche designed engine, the handling, are all great! V-rod is by far the most reliable HD every built.

From our experience with working with customers over the years, the common feeling about the V-rod is it's not a Harley, for many that's a great thing, but for true Harley guys it's not great thing.

The reason you own a Harley (besides the lifestyle they have sold for the past century) is because it sounds like a Harley, and it looks like a Harley. The V Rod certainly doesn't sounds like a Harley nor look like any other Harley. Also you have some guys who have been riding HD's since the Pan's and shovels, they have been able to work on there own bike etc... There is no way these guys are going to convert to the V-rod. So the Harley guys have not embraced this bike and that is partially why it hasn't done real well on the sales end of things.

The other reason it hasn't done really well is because the guys that are interested in the V-rod don't really care if it's a Harley or not (for the most part) They are looking for a good handling, reliable bike with some Jam! This opens up a huge market of other bikes such as Honda, Yamaha, Kawasaki etc... These manufactures have been building sport cruisers for a very long and are very advanced in technology compared to the V-Rod. Also sticker price to sticker price you can get a lot more bike with an import mfg if you are looking for this style of bike. Yes the used price of V-rods has dropped dramatically, however the import bikes are always more affordable at the used level as well.

This is what we have learned over the years, now with that being said the V-rod is a great bike, and the only Harley you can miles and miles on and won't have to pick up a wrench.

If your looking for the best bang for the buck, the Yamaha Warrior is an awesome big bore bike that can be had for less money then a V-rod, and also the Meanstreak is an awesome bike.

Thanks

Holomis Staff
HOLOMIS INTERNATIONAL home page
info@holomis.com

well said:d:beer:

Showtime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I remember watching a documentary on the building of the v-rod. If I remember right, once they worked the bugs out of the design and got it all to fit together, they thru it in a tin shed in the Mohave desert closed the door and let it run for something like a thousand hours with 300lbs on the seat held at 70 mph on a dyno. Nothing more than a feeding tube of gasoline. No heating issues...nothing...ran like a champ

I watched the same program, very cool!!!!

Another bike i like but have never riden is the Buell Lightning for some reason they really grab my attention even thou i'm a cruiser/ Harley guy.

Top Bottom