HD V-rod

intmid8or!

Problem Child
Reaction score
i have street rod VRSCR, love it. had crotch rocket prior, seemed good transition to go to the rod. 4th year, no issues at all.

SC Carts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The V-rod is a great transition to go from a sport bike to a cruiser. They handle very well for a cruiser, and you can get them to have a bit more jam with exhaust and a power programmer. Most reliable Harley built, the motors go and go and go.

Ideally try and get one with the 240 rear tire on it vs the 180.

Great bike that can be had at a bargain!

Thanks

Holomis Staff
HOLOMIS INTERNATIONAL home page
info@holomis.com

intmid8or!

Problem Child
Reaction score
The V-rod is a great transition to go from a sport bike to a cruiser. They handle very well for a cruiser, and you can get them to have a bit more jam with exhaust and a power programmer. Most reliable Harley built, the motors go and go and go.

Ideally try and get one with the 240 rear tire on it vs the 180.

Great bike that can be had at a bargain!

Thanks

Holomis Staff
info@holomis.com

why 240 over 180? other than looks? lots say handling better on a 180, some say no difference, that said, ive read lowering mine will make far more difference in handling than doing the 240

Timber_Tramp

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I realy like my 2002 Vrod.
Its been a great all around bike with great power and reliability.
They are a bargan as a used bike in the Harley world. Look stateside and $7500 buys you a nice low mile bike.
Ive seen Turbod Vrods with 165hp sell for under $15k US.

SC Carts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
why 240 over 180? other than looks? lots say handling better on a 180, some say no difference, that said, ive read lowering mine will make far more difference in handling than doing the 240

The 240 handles very well, the difference between the 180 and 240 in handling is pretty much not noticeable, you start noticing a difference on handling when you start getting over the 240 rear tire on bikes. However the look of the 240 is much nicer then the 180, so for that reason we always like to get the 240 rear tire when we buy V-rods.

You have to be careful when lowering a bike as you can throw your rake and trail out and it will then handle worse and unstable. Also when lowered you can run into clearance issues on cornering etc... There is a reason why sport bikes sit so tall, it gives you more control over the bike and substantially better ground clearance.

Holomis Staff
info@holomis.com

Timber_Tramp

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The 240 handles very well, the difference between the 180 and 240 in handling is pretty much not noticeable, you start noticing a difference on handling when you start getting over the 240 rear tire on bikes. However the look of the 240 is much nicer then the 180, so for that reason we always like to get the 240 rear tire when we buy V-rods.

to each their own ...that fat rear fender is fugly. the only nice looking 240 rear stock is the 06 se Vrod imo..it has the big rear with a narrow fender.

You have to be careful when lowering a bike as you can throw your rake and trail out and it will then handle worse and unstable. Also when lowered you can run into clearance issues on cornering etc... There is a reason why sport bikes sit so tall, it gives you more control over the bike and substantially better ground clearance.

have you ridden a lowered Vrod?

08154XP

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had an 07 V-Rod with the 240 rear tire and loved it. Had stage 1 done to the big and that thing hauled azz. The motor was designed by porsche I believe and is the only liquid cooled bike harley sells. Never seen or heard of one having any issues. I found the riding position very comfortable compared to a dyna low rider, I went with a low rider after my v-rod and missed the vrod. I think you would be happy with the bike and yes the can be found for a steal of a deal.

SC Carts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

to each their own ...that fat rear fender is fugly. the only nice looking 240 rear stock is the 06 se Vrod imo..it has the big rear with a narrow fender.

have you ridden a lowered Vrod?

As you say to each there own, fenders can be changed if that's the issue, it's far cheaper to purchase a v-rod with the 240 already on the bike and change the fender. I just prefer a larger tire.

As far as have I ever ridden a lowered V-rod, yes I have, we actually have lots of experience with different v-rod setups, we owned 5 alone last year, and my personal preference is a 240mm with aftermarket stock height suspension and a heavy duty fork oil.

Thanks

Holomis Staff
info@holomis.com

trench

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I picked up an 06 VRSCR (street rod) from Arizona last year with only 850 miles for $8000. This bike has a fairly sporty riding position for a Harley and good ground clearance. This bike gets lots of compliments, goes like hell handles well and feels like it is very well built. I ended up selling it to my son as the riding position is a bit cramped for me. I'm glad it is still in the family so I can still ride it once in a while!!

Trench:beer:

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
does the liquid cooled v-twin in the v-rod have the same single throw on the crank harley sound as all the other harley V-twins......you know the tump tump.............tump thump............thump thump............sound.......not like the jap...v-twins tump..tump..tump..thump? anyone with a v-rod want to trade for a 310 turbo MCX 06 Apex?

SC Carts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
does the liquid cooled v-twin in the v-rod have the same single throw on the crank harley sound as all the other harley V-twins......you know the tump tump.............tump thump............thump thump............sound.......not like the jap...v-twins tump..tump..tump..thump? anyone with a v-rod want to trade for a 310 turbo MCX 06 Apex?

They don't have the same sound as all the other harleys as this motor is a totally different design, designed by Porsche, it sounds closer to the jap bikes. With that being said it also doesn't have a lot of the issues that the Evo and twin cams have.

Holomis staff
Info@holomis.com

Timber_Tramp

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
does the liquid cooled v-twin in the v-rod have the same single throw on the crank harley sound as all the other harley V-twins......

V Rods sound more like a Ducatti V twin.
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMSjzjpa2OU&feature=related[/media]

canadian madman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have a 2003 v-rod (100th anniversary)....grossly over paid when it was new compared to what you can buy them for now...but that being said i wouldn't trade it for any other bike...

was riding a CBR 1100XX and the v-rod was a good transition bike...lots of power and handles like a dream...just have to be careful in the tight twisties as the v-rod is pretty low and the pegs hit the pavement sooner than you think...

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey overkill. If you are looking for a performance cruiser take a look at a triumph rocket 3. I was on the hunt for a v rod a few yrs back and then tried the rocket. For me it was a better fit. 6'3. And long legs. and the 2.3 liter engine is sick. 170 hp with pipes. 240 tire and handles great for a cruiser

Showtime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The only complaint my brother in law had was the very small tank, can't go very far without packing a little jerry can. I rode his and that thing ripped, it fit me very well being a short guy. I didn't realize you could buy these so cheap in the states....huh!!!!!

Timber_Tramp

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The only complaint my brother in law had was the very small tank, can't go very far without packing a little jerry can. I rode his and that thing ripped, it fit me very well being a short guy. I didn't realize you could buy these so cheap in the states....huh!!!!!

Here's the solution for the small fuel tank found on the older Vrods.

lots of Vrod info here ;

Last edited:
Top Bottom