Mid engine cars

rightsideup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone have the pleasure of driving a mid engine sports car? I had the pleasure of driving a Porsche cayman with all the handling goodies what a car!!

Rhodesie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had a Fiero about 1988ish.
i squished one in a kenworth. was heading north of eckville and the guy came out of a farm yard that had a lot of trees. he never stopped to look and i nailed him. it was like throwing an egg at a brick wall. ch!t everywhere.
was in the spring of 89.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What types have you driven Dan?
Ferrari. and C8. My bro has a c7 which he says is technically a front mid because the engine is behind the front axle. Been in a porshe gt3, that is considered rear engine. That was cool.

And many more. Been in lots of cars.

No i dont own them all. Always wanted feiro though....

rightsideup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ferrari. and C8. My bro has a c7 which he says is technically a front mid because the engine is behind the front axle. Been in a porshe gt3, that is considered rear engine. That was cool.

And many more. Been in lots of cars.

No i dont own them all. Always wanted feiro though....
A c7 grand sport vette is probably a very underrated car and very good price point

MK4TDI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was able to take an F430 around a mini track up in cold lake on the air weapons base back in 2018. Was pretty neat watching F18's fly over while my foot was in the oil pan of a Ferrari.

Basically stayed in second gear, unless you apexed corner #1 really well. By my 6th lap I was up to 85mph by the time I needed to get on the brakes for corner 2.
$300 for 8 laps was a deal I thought.

Watching the F22's afterwards was awesome too.
20180721_132155.jpg
20180721_154527.jpg

JustChilling19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I’ve done the Dreamcar racing in Vegas a couple times. Completly worth the money. You can actually push the cars and the instructors there are great, they will help make you a better driver by the time your done.

It was interesting that when I was going down the straight in the Ferrari I thought to myself the sound of the turbo sucking air in sounded a lot like my sled when on a straightaway on the trail. That was an interesting comparison for me.

I also had one time where the Ferrari wouldn’t shift into gear for some reason. The instructor was like ‘well, you got the full Ferrari experience today.’ They said the Ferraris cost them double any of the other super cars in their fleets.

If I was buying a new car for here tomorrow I’d be getting a Porsche 911 turbo. I drove a GT3 on the track there and it was so much fun.

rightsideup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I’ve done the Dreamcar racing in Vegas a couple times. Completly worth the money. You can actually push the cars and the instructors there are great, they will help make you a better driver by the time your done.

It was interesting that when I was going down the straight in the Ferrari I thought to myself the sound of the turbo sucking air in sounded a lot like my sled when on a straightaway on the trail. That was an interesting comparison for me.

I also had one time where the Ferrari wouldn’t shift into gear for some reason. The instructor was like ‘well, you got the full Ferrari experience today.’ They said the Ferraris cost them double any of the other super cars in their fleets.

If I was buying a new car for here tomorrow I’d be getting a Porsche 911 turbo. I drove a GT3 on the track there and it was so much fun.
I will have to try that

Trukker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I went for a ride in my Buddies C8 Corvette the other day . Very impressed with the performance .
E46F16C9-1188-4021-93C4-23CECAEDB9A3.jpeg
2BABFEAF-F087-455C-9F6B-872232FA3C42.jpeg

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was able to take an F430 around a mini track up in cold lake on the air weapons base back in 2018. Was pretty neat watching F18's fly over while my foot was in the oil pan of a Ferrari.

Basically stayed in second gear, unless you apexed corner #1 really well. By my 6th lap I was up to 85mph by the time I needed to get on the brakes for corner 2.
$300 for 8 laps was a deal I thought.

Watching the F22's afterwards was awesome too. View attachment 268354View attachment 268355

View attachment 268356

You pretend you were Tom Cruise at that moment?

Top Bottom