Have a 2009+ Dodge Ram?

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hate the traction control? I know I did. So I opened up my fuse box on my truck, found the fuse for the ABS valve, took it out, and VOILA! No more traction control!

Thought this might be helpful to some people.

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Came up with an idea last night. I am going to run wires to a hidden switch in the cab, so I can turn all traction control off at will.

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dodge doesnt have a switch in the cab already to turn it off? GM does.

They do, but it applies brakes to straighten you out even with it turned off. For example, if you try to do a donut turning to the left, it will apply the front left brake to keep you going straight. Pulling this fuse disables this non sense.

Sent from my Desire HD

Savage_Dodge

Reaction score
Hi guys, what's up, I want to remove the same fuse you mentioned about the traction control, but I wonder what will happened if I removed it, I mean does the aps, asp lights comes on and will not be switched off?And what will happen if I put the same fuse back after I removed it, does the lights attention stay's on or will be returned to normal condition before removing the fuse?

Rneddel

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hate the traction control? I know I did. So I opened up my fuse box on my truck, found the fuse for the ABS valve, took it out, and VOILA! No more traction control!

Thought this might be helpful to some people.

Is this so you can do more burnouts chance?

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, what's up, I want to remove the same fuse you mentioned about the traction control, but I wonder what will happened if I removed it, I mean does the aps, asp lights comes on and will not be switched off?And what will happen if I put the same fuse back after I removed it, does the lights attention stay's on or will be returned to normal condition before removing the fuse?

When you remove the fuse, the lights WILL come on, but when you put it back in they will go out once you turn the key off and back on again.

Is this so you can do more burnouts chance?

That's what my grey truck is for. It has no traction control.

sent from a phone

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
On my 2010 if you hold the traction button for 10 seconds it shuts down all traction control so you can drift without the brakes coming on to straighten you out.

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tried that with my 09 and it won't do it. Almost put me through a fence and over a 10' cliff on Christmas eve. It thought it was getting me straight with the road, but it was pushing me off the road. I don't need my truck telling me how to drive. :nono:

sent from a phone

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They do, but it applies brakes to straighten you out even with it turned off. For example, if you try to do a donut turning to the left, it will apply the front left brake to keep you going straight. Pulling this fuse disables this non sense.

Sent from my Desire HD

If it applies the left front brake, it will make you go left even more,.. you ment right front brake correct?

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tried that with my 09 and it won't do it. Almost put me through a fence and over a 10' cliff on Christmas eve. It thought it was getting me straight with the road, but it was pushing me off the road. I don't need my truck telling me how to drive. :nono:

sent from a phone
if you were Cyle, your truck wouldn't dare tell you how to drive

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Member of the AZZHAT club of foglight users
AWTY, How do I get into this club? I use mine all the time.

shoppingcart111

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you pull said fuse for the t control and you ended up in a bad accident and didnt put the fuse back or forgot before they investigated your truck you'd be in deep poo poo. At least the gm will default back to the on position after a key cycle.

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you pull said fuse for the t control and you ended up in a bad accident and didnt put the fuse back or forgot before they investigated your truck you'd be in deep poo poo. At least the gm will default back to the on position after a key cycle.

My dealer told me the same thing. I say that's bullch!t. If that's the case, if I was ever in an accident with my 03, I could just blame it on the fact that it doesn't have traction control.
I know that that argument wouldn't work, but it makes sense in my mind.
Hell, my 03 doesn't even have ABS Brakes.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
my dealer told me the same thing. I say that's bullch!t. If that's the case, if i was ever in an accident with my 03, i could just blame it on the fact that it doesn't have traction control.
I know that that argument wouldn't work, but it makes sense in my mind.
Hell, my 03 doesn't even have abs brakes.
i've heard of guys actually shorting out a fuse and installing it to drive around with, when they don't want the abs, just in case of accidents........................... Not that i would approve of this or ever even try it, but, jus' sayin'

Top Bottom