Hauling Side by Side in truck box/deck

raustincat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I am interested in buying a side by side next spring, or this winter if the price is right. But i'm not sure how I am going to haul it around. I have a holiday trailer (non toy hauler) and I want to be able to pull the trailer and bring the side by side obviously... so my question to all of you Mud Pit Chatters.... Is there a company that makes risers over the cab of a truck to haul side by sides? Any manufacturers in Alberta? How about a riser that is built to be put on a sled deck and have the front wheels over the cab? It is something like this that I am looking for....

Also if any of you have experience with this type of rig setup if you could give me some feedback that would be great. I have a '12 Duramax w/ 6" lift, 36" tires and bags in the back. Marathon Truck Boss Sled Deck.

Thanks,
Ryan

Wemac

Reaction score
Cross Trax makes a riser that goes in the bed of the truck I believe. They are made in Alberta.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm guessing the truck is a shortbox and the trailer is a bumper pull....my buddy built his own ramps for a dodge shortbox and his rhino would fit in the box with the tailgate off, the front wheels of the rhino were about top of the cab level. looked sketchy, but he said it handled fine. if your bumper pull is less than 30 feet weight shouldn't be an issue.

250mark1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Give Wes a call at cross traxx in lacombe he can build whatever you want
my buddy had one built to haul a razr 4 in the back of a long box wit the tailgate shut and the holiday trailer behind it works real good just need to whinch it up for safety as there is not much room for error

Just make sure what ever side by side you buy will fit inside the narrowest part of the tailgate opening

zack8.1

Reaction score
IMG_0001-001.JPG
Hi, I builted this one this year for my Rhino to fit on my 2500HD GMC and towing our 32' trailer.
WE went into the USA on a trip and go camping west Sundre too, it tows great and we get a lot of people looking when I load the Rhino on.

Last edited:

Braddock54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Friend of mine has a 12' F350 crew, with a long box. He has a Bulldog deck on his, and he puts his Commander 1000 up on it. It's high, but pretty stable. I would look into these. The deck looks tough as nails, and extends out the sides to a certain extent if you need it wider. It's pretty nice and the Commander fits up there no problem. He hauls a tent trailer with it, but is planning on doing a travel trailer next year. Looks similiar to this...
deck.jpg

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score

iambatman

Reaction score
He can pull the trailer just fine as long as he doesn't turn more than a 45 degree corner.

1BIGBADSLVRAM

Reaction score
Why? I hauled my rzr all last year on my 8' sled deck on my long box, worked great with no overhang. When expanded sled decks are 8' wide, I don't see it being a problem?

dpolacik

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why? I hauled my rzr all last year on my 8' sled deck on my long box, worked great with no overhang. When expanded sled decks are 8' wide, I don't see it being a problem?

Some will make the 8'6" limit but most wont. They sure fit nice with the long box though straight on.
How did you find the Balance was when it was sideways?

TheMuffinMan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks sketchy, I'd rather put it on a flat bed trailer and b-train it behind your holiday trailer. So long as you're not going to BC of course.

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Most RZRS are about 110 inchs +/- tip to tip WITH a front and rear bumper......

On a trailer they don`t get a second look,sideways on a deck,i don`t like your odds.......

Last edited:

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Most RZRS are about 110 inchs +/- tip to tip WITH a front and rear bumper......

On a trailer they don`t get a second look,sideways on a deck,i don`t like your odds.......

I agree. My RZR is really close to that with the bumpers. They get enough attention loaded lengthwise on a deck...load it sideways, you're gonna be a cop magnet.
That being said, the Cross-Trax rocket launchers do work well. The front tires go up over the cab, which still leaves some empty space underneath the sxs for generators, fuel cans, etc. A deck and extension can be a bit of a challenge....if your holiday trailer is anything more than 22', a hitch extension may not be the best option.

Last edited:
Top Bottom