Has ISIS gone too far?

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes Ken from what I read the f15c is the air to air superior fighter and also a bomber variant also being sent. I'm sure they are all testing each other's buttons to the limit. I think there's more to this story than isis and I fully beleive things will get out of control! They just pushing each other little more each time till someone says screw it all out!

although in one way I am happy that the Russians are trying to take control of the ISIS situation compared to the Americans/allies but my gut feeling tells me to be careful what we wish for. Last thing we need is two super powers butting heads and have things get out of control and beyond just the ISIS situation. I guess one can only hope they have "cool heads" and finger is no where near the trigger.
Yes guys lots of testosterone in the area right now. A bit scary to say the least.

popcorn popper

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well so far the Russians have knocked out more isis than nato already including in Iraq. You cannot compare russias Afghanistan to their army now ! No comparison! Russia was on the verge of collaspe. Little does anyone know russia has no debt and contrary to what the reports here would have you beleive has a lot of resources not only oil or weaponry!So with a reserve money surplus north of 500 billion the won't run out of cash soon. The money you talk about to Iran I beleive is money that was sanctioned from Iran and is rightfully theirs from many years ago. Britain had sanctioned them first then later the US.The Saudis are responsible for most of this turmoil and they despise syria and Iran because of their free culture.iran and the Russians will put the hurt on isis and the Saudis better take note. That's basically what's this is all about. I would not doubt russia will look to chase the Saudis out of Yemen when this is sorted out in syria.

Keith Brown

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well so far the Russians have knocked out more isis than nato already including in Iraq. You cannot compare russias Afghanistan to their army now ! No comparison! Russia was on the verge of collaspe. Little does anyone know russia has no debt and contrary to what the reports here would have you beleive has a lot of resources not only oil or weaponry!So with a reserve money surplus north of 500 billion the won't run out of cash soon. The money you talk about to Iran I beleive is money that was sanctioned from Iran and is rightfully theirs from many years ago. Britain had sanctioned them first then later the US.The Saudis are responsible for most of this turmoil and they despise syria and Iran because of their free culture.iran and the Russians will put the hurt on isis and the Saudis better take note. That's basically what's this is all about. I would not doubt russia will look to chase the Saudis out of Yemen when this is sorted out in syria.
Time will tell. I like your optimism. Hope to hear from you in a few years. By the way the last I heard the Russian economy is in the sh!tter.

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I heard on CBC that JT was gonna go over there and hang a lickin on Putin...if that does not produce immediate results....

Acording to the latest CBC documents just obtained ,the new rookie PM 's next move would be to force Putin to spend a romantic nature weekend on SaltSpring Island ....with Elizabeth May.

Last edited:

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Time will tell. I like your optimism. Hope to hear from you in a few years. By the way the last I heard the Russian economy is in the sh!tter.
You heard wrong. Worked over there for 4 years and still have buddies working there. Things are booming. Rouble is getting stronger up 30% over the past 3 months, the government cut interest rates from 17 to 14% this spring (they were at 20% when I was there) and this with all the sanctions still in place against them.

olymon

Reaction score
A little short read if your looking for some insight. "what every American should know about the quaran (sp)" written by Bill Federer if I remember right.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

HeavyD111

Reaction score
We will see if the Russians have learned anything from their past failures. Could be a disaster, who knows.

popcorn popper

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh I think they've learned a lot. I just read that France is bombing oil refineries and a few months ago Us bombed some steam generation plants. I'm not a rocket scientist but wouldn't the average Joe there need heat and power?

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The paso is worth more then the ruble, just saying
You heard wrong. Worked over there for 4 years and still have buddies working there. Things are booming. Rouble is getting stronger up 30% over the past 3 months, the government cut interest rates from 17 to 14% this spring (they were at 20% when I was there) and this with all the sanctions still in place against them.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
looks like they caught 5 "refugees with falseSyrian passports trying to enter the USA. sure hope truedum rethinks his stupidity.:nono:

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My point is the Russian economy nearly crashed this spring and to be up 30% as you is nothing when your dollar is worth nothing. 2% of the Canadian dollar is very weak not to mention a declining energy sector. Yes they are extremely diverse but plagued with corruption and mafia steeling whats left.
No kidding. It always has been. Over the last five years anyways.
The Peso has also lost more value in the past 5 years when compared to the rouble.

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I will give them huge props for starting the fight against ISIS, even if they are doing so just to protect their own assets but at least they are in the fight

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My point is the Russian economy nearly crashed this spring and to be up 30% as you is nothing when your dollar is worth nothing. 2% of the Canadian dollar is very weak not to mention a declining energy sector. Yes they are extremely diverse but plagued with corruption and mafia steeling whats left.
As I said the rouble has ALWAYS been low compared to the US dollar. Not sure why you think that means they have a $hit economy.
Since 2010 the US dollar has not much bearing on its value anyways as since 2010 they have been using their own currency for bilateral trade. As did China which makes sense as that's who both countries do most of their business with.

Their economy didn't almost crash, they entered a recession. Just like Canada has now. Everything that happens over in Europe seems to happen here about 6 to 9 months later.

Last edited:

popcorn popper

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Russia had a slowdown as did nearly all the world when the boys pulling the strings decided a low oil price would squeeze russias economy. However they have underestimated Putin and Russia as they have been buying businesses and assets all over the world. So with that in mind they are no longer a gas station as the US neocons would have you beleive. The curruption mentioned earlier in thread is not nearly as bad as we hear here.Putin has been cleaning house at a steady rate and anyone on the take now is a little edgy. Putin kicked out the world banks and paid their debt off that was built up by previous leader. Since then they about 800 billion in green!But don't take my word on it read The Colder War it explains the whole deal! And to be quite honest we are going to see a major shift in global power.

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
something to mull over

You’re 29 years old with a wife, two children and a job. You have enough money, and can afford a few nice things, and you live in a small house in the city.
Suddenly the political situation in your country changes and a few months later soldiers are gathered in front of your house. And in front of your neighbours’ houses.
They say that if you don’t fight for them, they will shoot you.
Your neighbour refuses.
One shot. That’s it.

You overhear one of the soldiers telling your wife to spread her legs.
Somehow you get rid of the soldiers and spend the night deep in thought.
Suddenly you hear an explosion. Your house no longer has a living room.
You run outside and see that the whole street is destroyed.
Nothing is left standing.
You take your family back into the house, and then you run to your parents' house.
It is no longer there. Nor are your parents.
You look around and find an arm with your Mother’s ring on its finger. You can’t find any other sign of your parents.
~~~~~
"But asylum seekers have so many luxury goods! Smartphones, and designer clothes!"
~~~~~
You immediately forget it. You rush home, and tell your wife to get the children dressed. You grab a small bag, because anything bigger will be impossible to carry for a long time, and in it you pack essentials. Only 2 pieces of clothing each can fit in the bag.
What do you take?
You will probably never see your home country again.
Not your family, not your neighbours, your workmates…
But how can you stay in contact?
You hastily throw your smartphone and the charger in the bag.
Along with the few clothes, some bread and your small daughters favourite teddy.
~~~~~
"They can easily afford to get away. They aren’t poor!"
~~~~~
Because you could see the emergency coming, you have already scraped all your money together.
You managed to save some money because of your well paid job.
The kind people smuggler in the neighbourhood charges 5,000 euros per person.
You have 15,000 euros. With a bit of luck, you’ll all be able to go. If not, you will have to let your wife go.
You love her and pray that you the smugglers will take you all.
By now you are totally wiped out and have nothing else. Just your family and the bag.
The journey to the border takes two weeks on foot.
You are hungry and for the last week have barely eaten. You are weak, as is your wife. But at least the children have enough.
They have cried for the whole 2 weeks.
Half the time you have to carry your younger daughter. She is only 21 months old.
A further 2 weeks and you arrive at the sea.
In the middle of the night you’re loaded onto a ship with other refugees.
You are lucky: your whole family can travel.
The ship is so full that it threatens to capsize. You pray that you don’t drown.
The people around you are crying and screaming.
A few small children have died of thirst.
The smugglers throw them overboard.
Your wife sits, vacantly, in a corner. She hasn’t had anything to drink for 2 days.
When the coast is in sight, you are loaded onto small boats.
Your wife and the younger child are on one, you and your older child are on another.
You are warned to stay silent so that nobody knows you’re there.
Your older daughter understands.
But your younger one in the other boat doesn’t. She doesn’t stop crying.
The other refugees are getting nervous. They demand that your wife keeps the child quiet.
She doesn’t manage it.
One of the men grabs your daughter, rips her away from your wife and throws her overboard.
You jump in after her, but you can’t find her again.
Never again.
In 3 months she would have turned 2 years old.
Isn’t that enough for you? They still have it too good here and have everything handed to them on a plate?
You don’t know how you, your wife and your older daughter manage to get to the country that takes you in.
It’s as though everything is all foggy. Your wife hasn’t spoken a word since your daughter died.
Your older daughter hasn’t let go of her sister’s teddy and is totally apathetic.
But you have to keep going. You are just about to arrive at the emergency accommodation.
It is 10pm. A man whose language you don’t understand takes you to a hall with camp beds. There are 500 beds all very close together.
In the hall it’s stuffy and loud.
You try to get your bearings. To understand what the people there want from you.
But in reality you can barely stand up. You nearly wish that they had shot you.
Instead you unpack your meagre possessions:
Two items of clothing each and your smartphone.
Then you spend your first night in a safe country.
The next morning you’re given some clothes.
Among the donated clothes are even branded ‘label’ clothes. And a toy for your daughter.
You are given 140 euros. For the whole month.
~~~~~
"They’re safe here. Therefore they should be happy!"
~~~~~
Outside in the yard, dressed in your new clothes, you hold your smartphone high in the air and hope to have some reception.
You need to know if anyone from your city is still alive.
Then a 'concerned citizen‘ comes by and abuses you.
You don’t know why. You don’t understand “Go back to your own country!"
You understand some things like “smartphone” and “handed everything on a plate.”
Somebody translates it for you.
~~~~~
And now tell me how you feel and what you own?
The answer to both parts of that is “Nothing.”

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
Definitely a totally different perspective than most of us have been looking at this situation.

Top Bottom