Had a bad day

Scrambled

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well yesterday was a very bad day for me,got stung by bees 4 tmes,lost 90bucks cash somewhere then came home to find my wife of 13 years decided she would like me to move out,so Im now livin in the RV which bites.Anyway just wondering if anyone else has some bad day stories to help cheer me up.

Snowdoogie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well on july 29th. boss called me into shop( i was on vacation) went in july31canned me on the spot. Still don't know what i did wrong. I said thank you.
Walk out the door, jumped in truck, drove down the street got another job within 5-10 mins.
Thing's will get better.

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Depends on the wife and how well outfitted the RV is, but some might consider that a GOOD day!:beer:

Scrambled

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You might be right,the worst was having to tell me 9 year old daughter.that just might have been the hardest thing Ive evr done,she didnt take it well

Scottishpride

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well... you could be this guy............

I am writing in response to your request for additional information in Block 3 of the accident report form. I put "poor planning" as the cause of my accident. You asked for a fuller explanation and I trust the following details will be sufficient.

I am a bricklayer by trade. On the day of the accident, I was Working alone on the roof of a new six-story building. When I completed my work, I found that I had some bricks left over which, when weighed later were found to be slightly in excess of 500lbs. Rather than carry the bricks down by hand, I decided to lower them in a barrel by using a pulley, which was attached to the side of the building on the sixth floor.

Securing the rope at the ground I went up to the roof, swung the barrel out and loaded the bricks into it. Then I went down and untied the rope, holding it tightly to ensure a slow descent of the bricks. You will note in Block 11 of the accident report form that I weigh 135lbs. Due to my surprise at being jerked off the ground so suddenly, I lost my presence of mind and forgot to let go of the rope. Needless to say, I proceeded at a rapid rate up the side of the building.

In the vicinity of the third floor, I met the barrel, which was now proceeding downward at an equally impressive speed. This explained the fractured skull, minor abrasions and the broken collar bone, as listed in section 3 of the accident report form. Having slowed down only slightly, I continued my rapid ascent, not stopping until the fingers
of my right hand were two knuckles deep into the pulley. Fortunately by this time I had regained my presence of mind and was able to hold tightly to the rope, in spite of beginning to experience pain. At approximately the same time,however, the barrel of bricks hit the ground and the bottom fell out of the barrel. Now devoid of the weight of the bricks, that barrel weighed approximately 50 lbs. I refer you again to my weight. As you can imagine, I began a rapid descent, down the side of the building. In the vicinity of the third floor, I met the barrel coming up. This accounts for the two fractured ankles, broken tooth and several lacerations of my legs and lower body.

Here my luck began to change slightly. The encounter with the barrel seemed to slow me enough to lessen my injuries when I fell into the pile of bricks and fortunately only three vertebrae were cracked. I am sorry to report, however, as I lay there on the pile of bricks, in pain, unable to move, I again lost my composure and presence of mind and let go of the rope and I lay there watching the empty barrel begin its journey back down onto me. This explains the two broken legs. I hope this answers your inquiry.

spliff

Reaction score
Coulda got stung by 5 bees, lots $100 bucks, been married 14 years and living in a tent!!!

ALWAYS can be worse!!! Have a buddy livin' in his RV for most of the summer... slowly getting back into the house:d He's now not sure what was better...

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
You might be right,the worst was having to tell me 9 year old daughter.that just might have been the hardest thing Ive evr done,she didnt take it well

Been there done that, and I agree Hardest thing ever. mine were 6 and 3 at the time, 3 year old just rolled with it, 6 year old took it hard. Very important to ensure your daughter remains #1, you have no control over the wifes actions but yours are your own.
My wife wanted to move back to NB with the kids, I fought hard to keep them here and in the end it was worth it, fathers have a lot more clout now then they did say 15 years ago, it's all about what is best for the CHILDREN.

In the end the ex did move back to NB and I have custody of my children, they also know that daddy will fight tooth and nail for what I believe is best for them.

Said and done I am so much better for it, every day is a new day and life is what you make it. since that time I've gained a new wife, 2 step children and l've never been happier....chin up

Cheers

Ian

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
well... you could be this guy............

I am writing in response to your request for additional information in Block 3 of the accident report form. I put "poor planning" as the cause of my accident. You asked for a fuller explanation and I trust the following details will be sufficient.

I am a bricklayer by trade. On the day of the accident, I was Working alone on the roof of a new six-story building. When I completed my work, I found that I had some bricks left over which, when weighed later were found to be slightly in excess of 500lbs. Rather than carry the bricks down by hand, I decided to lower them in a barrel by using a pulley, which was attached to the side of the building on the sixth floor.

Securing the rope at the ground I went up to the roof, swung the barrel out and loaded the bricks into it. Then I went down and untied the rope, holding it tightly to ensure a slow descent of the bricks. You will note in Block 11 of the accident report form that I weigh 135lbs. Due to my surprise at being jerked off the ground so suddenly, I lost my presence of mind and forgot to let go of the rope. Needless to say, I proceeded at a rapid rate up the side of the building.

In the vicinity of the third floor, I met the barrel, which was now proceeding downward at an equally impressive speed. This explained the fractured skull, minor abrasions and the broken collar bone, as listed in section 3 of the accident report form. Having slowed down only slightly, I continued my rapid ascent, not stopping until the fingers
of my right hand were two knuckles deep into the pulley. Fortunately by this time I had regained my presence of mind and was able to hold tightly to the rope, in spite of beginning to experience pain. At approximately the same time,however, the barrel of bricks hit the ground and the bottom fell out of the barrel. Now devoid of the weight of the bricks, that barrel weighed approximately 50 lbs. I refer you again to my weight. As you can imagine, I began a rapid descent, down the side of the building. In the vicinity of the third floor, I met the barrel coming up. This accounts for the two fractured ankles, broken tooth and several lacerations of my legs and lower body.

Here my luck began to change slightly. The encounter with the barrel seemed to slow me enough to lessen my injuries when I fell into the pile of bricks and fortunately only three vertebrae were cracked. I am sorry to report, however, as I lay there on the pile of bricks, in pain, unable to move, I again lost my composure and presence of mind and let go of the rope and I lay there watching the empty barrel begin its journey back down onto me. This explains the two broken legs. I hope this answers your inquiry.

Hahahahahhahahahah ........ this can't be true, no one is that stupid! :eek: Thanks for sharing it was a good read! :d

Taminator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Been there done that, and I agree Hardest thing ever. mine were 6 and 3 at the time, 3 year old just rolled with it, 6 year old took it hard. Very important to ensure your daughter remains #1, you have no control over the wifes actions but yours are your own.
My wife wanted to move back to NB with the kids, I fought hard to keep them here and in the end it was worth it, fathers have a lot more clout now then they did say 15 years ago, it's all about what is best for the CHILDREN.

In the end the ex did move back to NB and I have custody of my children, they also know that daddy will fight tooth and nail for what I believe is best for them.

Said and done I am so much better for it, every day is a new day and life is what you make it. since that time I've gained a new wife, 2 step children and l've never been happier....chin up

Cheers

Ian

You're the man Bogger...:) Your kids are lucky to have a dedicated dad like you that they know they can count on!

Scrambled...it'll all work out - keep a positive attitude and remember what's important in life! Lotsa wives out there...your kids are what matters. It'll suck for awhile...but it'll get better. Take care!

Last edited:

nursepwdr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I too have been there my boys were 5 and 7 they didn't understand either but you know...... their life was by far happier once we were apart as we were both so miserable TOGETHER ......anyways , things could always be worse , you will move on , you will be the better person .........take care , chin up !!

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Keep your head up buddy, separation and divorcve is as tough on kids as their parents make it. If you consistently put her first in life and the decisions you make she will be fine.

ttpowersports

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yet that sucks, sometimes being married we wish it would go that way, but the good always outweighs the bad.. you still have the kids and i agree with bogger their number 1 priorty!! sorry i dont have a worse story for you, im one of the more fortunate ones and the wife hasnt left me yet, i guess 24 yrs of training is too much to throw away (her words) .....

heres what i use to keep me smiling-

everyday u wake up on the right side of the dirt is a good one. ...beats the alternative...

Use your resources to control the things you can change and dont waste your energy and resources on the things that you cant...

smile- so now u can look at the sexy women and not be told what to do....

Keep positive....

Terry
:d

Scrambled

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone,Great help,Im tryin to keep a positive attitude,since it wasnt a big blow out or fighting that made it happen I think we will still work together to do whats best for my girl.Im hoping anyways,time will tell.

Scottishpride

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you never know. theres 6 billion people on this little rock of ours. and you dont think there 1 guy that stupid?? i cant think of a few people like that right here at home:beer:

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
you never know. theres 6 billion people on this little rock of ours. and you dont think there 1 guy that stupid?? i cant think of a few people like that right here at home:beer:

WTF????????????

Can you provide a translator machine?????????

Top Bottom