Guys Poach Revelstoke Mountain Resort

Reaction score
I can respect the gentleman's agreement during the season....but if the season is over, there is no one else there skiing or boarding why couldn't you? I don't think it would be any more dangerous than sledding the same hills. Maybe they are messing with you because of your redplates? who knows....

snowho

Reaction score
I can respect the gentleman's agreement during the season....but if the season is over, there is no one else there skiing or boarding why couldn't you? I don't think it would be any more dangerous than sledding the same hills. Maybe they are messing with you because of your redplates? who knows....

Well that too is a possibility. I also think I forgot to brush my teeth that day. For what ever reason they do not like it. If I do choose to bring my snowboard, and use it, that is my cross to bear and I alone will be accountable for my actions. The rest of the snowmobile enthusistits should not be cast in a dim light because of poor ediquete and the color of my plate should have nothing to do with it.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Well that too is a possibility. I also think I forgot to brush my teeth that day. For what ever reason they do not like it. If I do choose to bring my snowboard, and use it, that is my cross to bear and I alone will be accountable for my actions. The rest of the snowmobile enthusistits should not be cast in a dim light because of poor ediquete and the color of my plate should have nothing to do with it.

It has nothing to do with the colour of your plate, its been an unwritten policy (maybe it is even written) for at least a few years. I've thought maybe its to do with the fact that if they allowed it once skiing is done, people might start abusing the priviledge during their regular season. Maybe it has something to do with insurance or something completely different. Don't really know, don't really care, but its been in place for a number of years, and they are not prejudiced against red plates because of it. Some friends of mine close the season there and they don't take boards/skis as they were asked not to several years ago. I have no issue with it. They plow the road and keep the area accessible for sledders, without them you would have to ride from KM 49, which would be impossible. You use their road to access the terrain and their trails to access the alpine, go for the sledding, stay at the lodge, and leave the plank at home. They open the lodge to sledders at the end of the season and keep fuel on hand and they are respectful to sledders during the regular season so we should respect their wishes, whatever the reason.

Reaction score
Well I'm not saying ignore them and go for it, I was just curious what others had to say about it, seeing as I know people who went and stayed at the lodge and sled-skiied, and seemed to have no issues.
I'm all for respecting other's wishes, especially if they keep more riding areas open, I was just curious about this rule, like the person who brought it up. I guess it's cleared up now! on to the next topic...

Last edited:

snowho

Reaction score
They do an awesome job and for that they ask nothing in return all I can offer is my gratitude. I do belive that everyone who goes is treated fairly as well. The staff is always polite and never said you can't do it. If it is a written rule I am sure they would convay this to you in a polite way . I would have no problem or complaints following that rule. But if a bad decision is made by me or others will I ,or others, be facebook creeped and picture's posted so people can point and say don't do what this guy did? Maybe or maybe not and there are senairio's that it is reasonable to do so. In my oppinion this is not one.I will always endevor to be a good ambasitor to both sleding and snowboarding. I am enquisitive by nauture and sometimes it is the why that drives me.

Reaction score
I agree, it was just the "why" that was bugging me. Just seemed odd that a cat-skiing place that opened to sledders would not want skiing. But I certainly wish more cat/heli operations would be like chatter, there is great mutual respect between them and the sled community. It would certainly make the backcountry a better place for all!

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a friend who went there this past season and Dale said that he should come up and go sled skiing.

I am not sure what to believe, but I will find out in a week from now!!! WAHOO!!!!
;):d:eek::)

IG650

Reaction score
What is strange is that the 2 individuals that condone snowmobiling on a Ski hill, have links to Heli-skiing ops on their Facebook pages .

Some Classic trolling on their part. Upset the people that the town caters(needs) to during the winter.

There is no Red (orange) or Blue plate issue in this province. Except for maybe a few people that want to stir a pool of boiling Turds,;)

Romester

Reaction score
You all must be bored, 41 pages of garbage. Good luck :nono:

Last edited:

Kiwionsnow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
shet. yes guilty as i read all 40 pages. I'm a fool .............but the best I can come with on this one is they are not red plates they are CANADA plates............................red and White????????????????

Top Bottom