Guys Poach Revelstoke Mountain Resort

RevyG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Friday, group of guys headed up backside of RMR and had it out with Managment before rooping off to North Bowl. Crazy times in the mountains. Not the safest move or the PR we need.

539201_400938939934065_100000538883988_1444594_442248228_n.jpg 303377_400939013267391_100000538883988_1444595_1861267793_n.jpg

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow the disrespect is running rampant in Revy lately. Wish guys could get their heads on straight, this sport has more than enough opposition without pulling stupid stunts like this.

fj40

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You have got to be kidding these guy rode into the resort ? And just thought it was OK WOW just what our sport needs.

RevyG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is it a caribou closure to access? Or is it the fact they were on the rmr property.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk

They were on RMR property or Controlled Recreation Area, no motorized use.

-lenny-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Some names were posted on the Boulder Cabin disrespect thread, how about some here? Would be nice to know who these fools are. Looks like some first person footage in those pictures, where did it come from?

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
WTF is with these people. Some riding on Cabin roofs others riding in non motorized zones. If this keeps up there will be some serious repercussions

cbsharp

Reaction score
These guys look like they're proud of themselves. Do me a favour, sell your sleds. I usually ride in Revy but I am sort of glad I haven't been there this season with all the stupid crap that's been going on. Friggin pathetic.

OOC ZigZag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The cabin simple willful damage to public property(charge and damages) Skihill trespass good for prob trespass fine $ 2000.00, Guess I can sort of understand the the access through skihill area caribou bndry's aren't the only bndry's getting pushed I guess. I think the biped motorized access zones are being encroached upon and this behavior is a direct result. I would like to start a fund to help protect the BMUer's access corridors and see if we cant put a stop to the depleating numbers. The predators are making a significant impact on the areas the BMUer's frequent traveled pathes and therfore we are seeing migration paterns changing. When that happens you can see confrentations can happen rarely but do occur( see above pic mtn top BMUer and hill mangment). Between the skihills and the forigein impact(weigle) and the tree huggin granola crunchers soccer moms that dont have a clue the uneducated missled media driven public opinion the BMU species are at serious risk.BMU( Back country motorized user)

Last edited:

RevyG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Some names were posted on the Boulder Cabin disrespect thread, how about some here? Would be nice to know who these fools are. Looks like some first person footage in those pictures, where did it come from?
heard it from a friend, who heard it from another, who heard about it............. so found it on Face Crack.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The cabin simple willful damage to public property(charge and damages) Skihill trespass good for prob trespass fine $ 2000.00, Guess I can sort of understand the the access through skihill area caribou bndry's aren't the only bndry's getting pushed I guess. I think the biped motorized access zones are being encroached upon and this behavior is a direct result. I would like to start a fund to help protect the BMUer's access corridors and see if we cant put a stop to the depleating numbers. The predators are making a significant impact on the areas the BMUer's frequent traveled pathes and therfore we are seeing migration paterns changing. When that happens you can see confrentations can happen rarely but do occur( see above pic mtn top BMUer and hill mangment). Between the skihills and the forigein impact on the (weigle) tree huggin granola crunchers soccer moms that dont have a clue the uneducated missled media driven public opinion the BMU species are at serious risk.

Just so I know. What's a bmu????

Sent from my HTC-Z710a using Tapatalk

catinthehat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
These guys look like they're proud of themselves. Do me a favour, sell your sleds. I usually ride in Revy but I am sort of glad I haven't been there this season with all the stupid crap that's been going on. Friggin pathetic.

Good thing you have found a new area to ride, if all this behaviour is an indication of things to come nobody will be riding Revy much longer.IMO

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
are you fawkin kidding me what a group of Tards! how dumb can you be to ride on the ski hill! i would like to say this though and newfie1 will back me on this on sunday at castle ski hill some guys rode up the cat ski area at castle mountain and were highmarking all there areas! I was outraged and made it clear that this was such a stupid move on the sledders behalf! we then seen some other really questionable highmarks that made me upset as well. When i went back to the ski hill I got talking to my ski buddies who are groomers and maintenance crew at the hill and found out that it was actually them who were playing on castle ski hill there excuse was "we just wanted to make some noise" so tis is really getting out of hand when even the ski community who knows better than to do that go out and roop it up on there own hill.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
are you fawkin kidding me what a group of Tards! how dumb can you be to ride on the ski hill! i would like to say this though and newfie1 will back me on this on sunday at castle ski hill some guys rode up the cat ski area at castle mountain and were highmarking all there areas! I was outraged and made it clear that this was such a stupid move on the sledders behalf! we then seen some other really questionable highmarks that made me upset as well. When i went back to the ski hill I got talking to my ski buddies who are groomers and maintenance crew at the hill and found out that it was actually them who were playing on castle ski hill there excuse was "we just wanted to make some noise" so tis is really getting out of hand when even the ski community who knows better than to do that go out and roop it up on there own hill.

well if they want to do it to there hill then what ever..... but if asked and they say it was some stupid sleders and make us look bad then ...... i hear ya ...

catinthehat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

They think it is okay but what about the unsuspecting idiot that figures if there are sled tracks it must be okay for me to ride there as well.
Then you have the public perception that it must have been some rogue sledders and now they jump on the ban sledders bandwagon.

Top Bottom