Grizzly 07 700 Quits while cruising.

Grizzly4323

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Example: Cruising down a gravel road 30-40 kms/hr. Holding it steady. Every once in while it quits for a second or two, like the key was turned off and turned on. Keep going, does it again. Thats the only time it cuts out.
When on and off the throttle or stuck it runs fine.

I checked diagnostics with the TPS and the numbers are 16 to 101 with no glitches.

I'm just not convinced it's the Throttle positioning sensor. But maybe it is, just don't want to spend 180 bucks to find out that's not the problem.

Any ideas of what could be causing the problem? Driving my Nuts!!

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was having a similar issue after modding mine and it ran perfectly before I instaled all the goodies. Spar plug boot on the grizz gets loose pretty easy, but the new ones made no difference. In my case, it's an electrical issue that I still haven't been able to figure out - bad connection or pinched wire. Over time, the problem gew worse and now the quad dies just from the vibration of reving it up. While I can't figure out the exact cuase, I can replicate the symptom by taking the belt exhaust off and flicking the wiring harness while the machine is running. You may want to try the same and go from there before replaing shhhtuff that may not be broke.

Last edited:

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
Example: Cruising down a gravel road 30-40 kms/hr. Holding it steady. Every once in while it quits for a second or two, like the key was turned off and turned on. Keep going, does it again. Thats the only time it cuts out.
When on and off the throttle or stuck it runs fine.

I checked diagnostics with the TPS and the numbers are 16 to 101 with no glitches.

I'm just not convinced it's the Throttle positioning sensor. But maybe it is, just don't want to spend 180 bucks to find out that's not the problem.

Any ideas of what could be causing the problem? Driving my Nuts!!

Maybe that stupid reverse sensor to. Mine did that.. Do any of the gear indicators light up.
My reverse light turned on and it sputtered. Grounded the wire out and it was fixed.
No speed limit in reverse now though

Sent from my iPhone using tapatalk

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
Good luck with the fix and let us know what the problem was

Grizzly4323

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe that stupid reverse sensor to. Mine did that.. Do any of the gear indicators light up.
My reverse light turned on and it sputtered. Grounded the wire out and it was fixed.
No speed limit in reverse now though

It happens so fast I don't think any indicators light up. But I will pay more attention to that.

Thanks

Grizzly4323

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Sent from my iPhone using tapatalk[/QUOTE

The quad only comes out now days for hunting season but this is the third year I have been trying to find the problem. Hopefully when and if I do I will pass it on.

Grizzly4323

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I think or Believe I have found the problem. There are 4 or 5 weatherpak plugs behind the Belt vent tubes on the right side of the quad. Pulled them apart and found two of them to have dirt/dust inside. Cleaned them out, used dielectric grease and sealed them back up. Also pulled all weatherpak connectors apart under dash display. There are 6-7. Did the same there. Cleaned out and sealed up with dielectric grease.
Seems to have solved the problem. I won't know for sure until I can take it on a good long run at a steady speed. But so far so good. Knock on wood!!

Last edited by a moderator:

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good luck man, hope you licked it!

A word of advice though... You'll do yourself a big favor in the future if you can figure out how to replicate the issue before trying things. Otherwise, there's always the possibility that you introduce another problem, making it that much tougher to diagnose. If it truly was the conenction(s), you may have been able to reproduce the issue by wiggling or tugging on the harness and it would have been easy to figure out when you actually corrected the bad connection.

Grizzly4323

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good luck man, hope you licked it!

A word of advice though... You'll do yourself a big favor in the future if you can figure out how to replicate the issue before trying things. Otherwise, there's always the possibility that you introduce another problem, making it that much tougher to diagnose. If it truly was the conenction(s), you may have been able to reproduce the issue by wiggling or tugging on the harness and it would have been easy to figure out when you actually corrected the bad connection.

I agree with you there. This surely isnt my first rodeo, but have made that mistake. That's why I have not changed anything. I checked and cleaned all the weatherpaks only. Hopefully that solves the issue. If not then I will move ahead one part at a time and try to duplicate the problem.

Top Bottom