07 Grizzly 700 issue.. NEED HELP !!

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
gotta be the primary clutch ,,and I use 0/40 amsoil in my 07.sell it at most places,,has to be wet clutch compatible. I think it says powersports on the bottle and has a pic of a quad.good luck with the fix ,let us know what happens with it .

BIG DAWG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wet clutch for sure may be caused by belt being prematurely sucked into secondary but your wet clutch is slipping if it was to do with primary it would move steady and hit rev limiter consistent speed gain as rpm increased as these belts are always in tension

Wemac

Reaction score
The wet clutch needs to be replaced. Check partsharkdotcom. Good prices. Replace the one way bearing while you are in there.

Mare

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can a person just replace the shoes, not sure if thats what they are called, but the things that look like brake pads?

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Probly but not worth it. Look at babbitsonline got all the parts clutch one way bearing and outer bearing and gasket for 2g shipped to my door. Everyone out here needed 2500 just for the wet clutch itself. Plus tax
Did a buddy's unit two years ago. Gotta get a clutch kit for the bigger tires or use low range. WY easier on the expensive parts.

Mare

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Would anyone know if a wet clutch from a 660 griz, work in my 700? I have a line on one from a 660.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Would anyone know if a wet clutch from a 660 griz, work in my 700? I have a line on one from a 660.

Grizz 700 Clutch Carrier Assy - 3B4-16620-00
Grizz 660 Clutch Carrier Assy - 5KM-16620-00

The One Way bearing is the same (highly recommended to be changed at same time) 4sh-16664-00

I'd call a yammie dealer to find out for sure Mare, but the part numbers don't 100% jive

Wemac

Reaction score
I bought a new wet clutch and one way bearing for $330 with shipping from partsharkdotcom. That doesn't include the housing.

Wemac

Reaction score
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1369853695.353004.jpg

Wemac

Reaction score
$315.53 with the gasket that usually breaks when you remove the housing. Wet Clutch, one way bearing and gasket.

Wemac

Reaction score
If the housing is beat up inside then it may need to be replaced as well.

Mare

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just talked to the previous owner and he says his brother in law, who did the motor rebuild, did the internal clutch as well, but hes not sure if he soaked them or not. Now whether that means he just meant cleaning them and re installing, I dont know. I will be ripping it apart on the weekend, maybe sooner if this darn rain stops. I will take some pics of the wet clutch and post them, then we can all see. The previous owner has some more receipts from the grizzly, so I will go through them and see what else was done. Nice to have paperwork showing stuff like this. He was the original owner to, I even have the original bill of sale.. :) But still doesnt make my quad go yet, so the weekend will bust it open, and see whats happening in there... AGAIN. Thanks for all the replies and advice.. I sure do appreciate it. And if all gets fixed up soon, I hope one day to meet up with some of you, and go riding. Thanks Again.... Pics to come soon.

Mare

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Starting to take the quad apart. Here is a picture of what it's like under the cover. Is the belt supposed to sit that low in the secondary?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    238.5 KB · Views: 188

Mare

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
From what everyone has said I think the wet clutch is toast. You tell me.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    242.9 KB · Views: 189
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    242.9 KB · Views: 185
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    243 KB · Views: 196

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's done like dinner

And that belt should sit down in the primary and up in the secondary with machine shut off or at idle. Looks like someone doesn't know how to put a CVT back together,.. I would be kind of worried if that just had engine work.

BIG DAWG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's done like dinner

And that belt should sit down in the primary and up in the secondary with machine shut off or at idle. Looks like someone doesn't know how to put a CVT back together,.. I would be kind of worried if that just had engine work.

x2.....

Mare

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So how do I get the belt to sit properly? Maybe a new spring on the secondary?

And is the piece that the wet clutch sit in, is it screwed too?

Top Bottom