07 Grizzly 700 issue.. NEED HELP !!

Hefe04

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wonder if that can be machined at all, the new housing around the wet clutch is another $380 to replace, so would be worth checking in to. From what I have read it is suppose to be relatively smooth I have not had one apart tho. I did just have mine all replaced and they had to do some machining on a couple parts.
I didnt read every post here, but make sure to just replace one way bearing while you have it apart if no one has mentioned that.

Last edited:

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wonder if that can be machined at all, the new housing around the wet clutch is another $380 to replace, so would be worth checking in to. From what I have read it is suppose to be relatively smooth I have not had one apart tho. I did just have mine all replaced and they had to do some machining on a couple parts.
I didnt read every post here, but make sure to just replace one way bearing while you have it apart if no one has mentioned that.

Machining is not cost effective with as much wear as the OP has, considering the shoes will have to travel FARTHER out now to engage the hub,.. every .001" counts,.. machine shop rate is $140hr up here, not sure about down there.

So how do I get the belt to sit properly? Maybe a new spring on the secondary?

And is the piece that the wet clutch sit in, is it screwed too?

The belt isn't sitting down in the primary because the rollers cam out of their grooves, you are should hold the outer primary housing together when you install and that wouldn't happen.

Mare

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well new wet clutch and housing installed with new one way berring. Took apart the primary to clean the black sludge out and found 4 of the 8 rollers sideways in there. Those 4 are toast and Im thinking that part of the clutch is as well. I will post pics tomorrow as I got P!$$ed off and quit for the day, have to clean it and see how bad it is... NOT IMPRESSED to say the least.

Have a good weekend everyone :) :cool::beer:

Mare

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I got it fixed..... finally !!! New weights along with everything to do with the wet clutch, and my beast lives. Thanks to everyone, we couldnt have done it without your help. Greatly Appreciated.
I LOVE THIS SITE. Thanks again all.. ...... ..... Mare :D:common001::beer::beer:

Top Bottom