"Green" energy. Not so green.

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think we should cancel all future solar/wind/hydro projects until you stop being mad at David Suzuki for CFL. I don’t recall anyone being legally forced to use CFL either.

The struggle is real, JH.

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't try and put hydro into the same mix as solar/wind. hydro pays for itself and is reliable. I still remember Suzuki packing his protest signs at site C dam trying to shut it down, so he can promote his crap energy that is a total failure in Ontario. The toxic lake is now visible from space and still growing.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Don't try and put hydro into the same mix as solar/wind. hydro pays for itself and is reliable. I still remember Suzuki packing his protest signs at site C dam trying to shut it down, so he can promote his crap energy that is a total failure in Ontario. The toxic lake is now visible from space and still growing.

Yes it is visible from space and it is absolutely terrible BUT it can't really grow bigger, just deeper and continue to push the toxins deeper into the ground.

I am in no way condoning however perspective is needed. The Baotou toxic lake is about 9 sq/km and by comparison the tailings ponds from the oil sands were up to 257sq/km in 2016 with 103sq/km of water coverage. The oil sands have a good track record when it comes to remediation and reclamation and I'm sure at some point China may have to do something - like the clean up of the Sydney Tar Ponds which was only 1sq/km and cost 400 million dollars from 2006-2013.

Humans are horrible, we destroy everything we touch in the name of progress. Look up Lake Okeechobee Fl. Build a dam, dry out the everglades and poison the lake and 2 coastlines....

Top Bottom