Gravel to grass border ideas?

hondalrd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hello so I am just in the process of installing some grass on my acreage and I am wondering what would be the best thing to use as a border ? I would like to be able to drive the lawn mower over it or have a entrance point some were as it does go onto the back lawn area and there will be a fire pit. How well does that plastic lawn edger work? I also push the snow that way in the winter. I have attached some pictures of the area

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
6 years and still in good shape

a8fc7bf8367d1873b6a3b08fa1b45551.jpg

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So you can go with a concrete curb but I would not do as the previous guys show. Have it poured flush to the grass and have the gravel a bit lower so you can use run your mower wheels on it and you will never need to use a trimmer again. Alternately use pavers. To do this dig a trench and submerge a pressure treated 2 x 6. Now put the pavers on top of the wood, this keeps them all at the same level and eliminates grass from rooting between.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Continuous poured curb can be at at any height.
Its nice they can add color etc.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here are a few pictures of how it went. Poured on the gravel.
I couldn’t remember who we hired on original post

Last edited:

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
One thing to consider is how you clean the snow. If you use a skidsteer or something like that concrete curbing is a bad idea, one swipe a bit too low and that curb will be toast. I am really curious to see how those will stand up in 5-10 years time. There's not much concrete there, and with no reinforcing I wonder how long they will last.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
One thing to consider is how you clean the snow. If you use a skidsteer or something like that concrete curbing is a bad idea, one swipe a bit too low and that curb will be toast. I am really curious to see how those will stand up in 5-10 years time. There's not much concrete there, and with no reinforcing I wonder how long they will last.

I see no issues unless like you say a skid steer.

If you smack it I am sure issues will occur.

Last edited:
Top Bottom