Graphic kits are a pain in my butt

Tristan88

Reaction score
They suck I hate putting them on always a wrinkle or a bubble so I'm dedicating this to anyone with any knowledge or tricks of the trade to help the next guy with this!

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Re: Graphic kits are a pain in my ass

mix up some soapy water, spray it on your cleaned plastic and apply your decal, sliding it onto the exact position you desire. use a rubber squeegee, and starting from the center, work your way outwards to get rid of the fluid. bubble and wrinkle free every time.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

mix up some soapy water, spray it on your cleaned plastic and apply your decal, sliding it onto the exact position you desire. use a rubber squeegee, and starting from the center, work your way outwards to get rid of the fluid. bubble and wrinkle free every time.

i have a trailer wrap i am going to do this summer on my enclosed. i have been told to do it this way. i have a hard time beleiveing it doesnt wreck the adhesion? reallly dont want to wreck a really expeinnsive trailer wrap. lol

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

i have a trailer wrap i am going to do this summer on my enclosed. i have been told to do it this way. i have a hard time beleiveing it doesnt wreck the adhesion? reallly dont want to wreck a really expeinnsive trailer wrap. lol
it works good dude. the only stuff it won't work well for is the 3M ricochet protective stuff. they use their own "special" spray stuff but the same principle.

but something that big I would check with a professional. hate to steer ya wrong

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com

Check with the company who manufactured it for you to find out, I was in the decal industry for 17 years and more than just 3M say "not" to use soap now. Due to changes in adhesives to meet environmental issues there can be a reaction to soap...that being said if it will work only use a drop for a spray gun (windex size). The key is to use a squeegee type applicator (hopefully supplied) to carefully push the air and soap out or just air if no soap is used. The higher end materials now come with fine lines cut into the adhesive that allow you to expel the air, extremely forgiving and easy peasy to install. Go slow and plan your install and it should be fine, oh, its always good to read instructions if they are supplied.
Good luck.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Check with the company who manufactured it for you to find out, I was in the decal industry for 17 years and more than just 3M say "not" to use soap now. Due to changes in adhesives to meet environmental issues there can be a reaction to soap...that being said if it will work only use a drop for a spray gun (windex size). The key is to use a squeegee type applicator (hopefully supplied) to carefully push the air and soap out or just air if no soap is used. The higher end materials now come with fine lines cut into the adhesive that allow you to expel the air, extremely forgiving and easy peasy to install. Go slow and plan your install and it should be fine, oh, its always good to read instructions if they are supplied.
Good luck.

the what?

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score

Good luck.

from this I got.... "Maxwell, phone me when you're going to do this install, I will come and assist you with it"

Tristan88

Reaction score
dirt1.jpg dirt5.jpg Came out okay, never used soap. Just me & a friend stuck them on and rubbed them out. A few bubbles here and there, popped them with a pin seemed to work okay.

Attachments

• dirtbike.png
    dirtbike.png
    76.4 KB · Views: 124

ktm 13-44

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've used windex before. Like the soap idea, you cam kind if move it around for positioning. Once you have it where you want it leave for a while and the alcohol dissolves leaving a good "stick".

Worked for me in the past at least.

Top Bottom