Grand Forks BC sled pics

macronut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Some pics from Grand Fork B.C 6 feet of POW POW at the top, no base yet couple more days of this -1 weather and should have a nice base...

polar sledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
all i see is xxxs as well

Some pics from Grand Fork B.C 6 feet of POW POW at the top, no base yet couple more days of this -1 weather and should have a nice base...

photo.php

photo.php

photo.php

photo.php

photo.php

photo.php

ratatatat

Reaction score
Watch out for avalanches. That no base you talk about is what is called an upside down snowpack in the avalanche world. Slab on top with lose unstable snow under. We are entering a critical time for avalanches over the next week or so as things start to warm up. Everyone is hyped to get out but this is a time to be real careful.

macronut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Watch out for avalanches. That no base you talk about is what is called an upside down snowpack in the avalanche world. Slab on top with lose unstable snow under. We are entering a critical time for avalanches over the next week or so as things start to warm up. Everyone is hyped to get out but this is a time to be real careful.

Yes it is avy time everywhere. We punched through 4 feet of snow, then hit a 4 inch crust, busted through that and hit solid ice. Very scary but we were not highmarking that day... Pictures are working now and are linked to my photobucket account. Gonna head out sun or monday again, will post more pics... Happy Holidays snow and mud.

macronut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
where abouts were the pictures taken?

hey there, these pics were taken around the Gable mountain area up the North Fork...got some more today from the Rock Candy Rd Pass Creek area. I have family and friends in GF and it's a great area to ride... just need the base to build and she will be good climbing soon...

Top Bottom