Graduation day!!!

Timber_12

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So after months of me working, and months of waiting for me to get days off so I could teach my girlfriend how to ride, after two nights of riding around kinda scared because she couldn't see anything at night(about four and three months ago), and one part day of riding around in the field (a month ago), she finally graduated to the mountains today!!!

She did awesome! For a girl that has never rode quads or sleds or powersports, she did amazing! I'm very proud of her today! Conditions were hard snow and a nice trail. Did about 25mph into the lake and about 30-40mph coming out. And she even jumped her sled TWICE off the riverbank! I got her to go up once to challenge her, stopped for a break, and she then wanted to hit the bank 3 more times each time harder!

She had the biggest grin on her face all day, fed whiskeyjacks out if her hand and had an overall awesome day! I had just as much fun today as going out on a nice hard hillclimbing day seeing her have so much fun.

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So after months of me working, and months of waiting for me to get days off so I could teach my girlfriend how to ride, after two nights of riding around kinda scared because she couldn't see anything at night(about four and three months ago), and one part day of riding around in the field (a month ago), she finally graduated to the mountains today!!!

She did awesome! For a girl that has never rode quads or sleds or powersports, she did amazing! I'm very proud of her today! Conditions were hard snow and a nice trail. Did about 25mph into the lake and about 30-40mph coming out. And she even jumped her sled TWICE off the riverbank! I got her to go up once to challenge her, stopped for a break, and she then wanted to hit the bank 3 more times each time harder!

She had the biggest grin on her face all day, fed whiskeyjacks out if her hand and had an overall awesome day! I had just as much fun today as going out on a nice hard hillclimbing day seeing her have so much fun.

That is sooooo Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yayyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!

High five for her and a High five for you!!! So happy that she enjoyed it. Your feelings of pride for her are touching! :)

powderpilot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Congratulations, I think you just graduated to super awesome boyfriendness!!!! It amazes me how much the sport can change when you add a new dimension to it. May you have many epic adventures with your new riding buddy!!!!!!

Timber_12

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Couple pics of our second trip. I forgot the camera battery on the first. Had the camera but no battery.

First is start of trip. second going across baseline lake, third showing her the trappers cabin that a grizzly had us stuck at when I was a kid, fourth is a very important spot to remember. I'll post a pic why when I get her camera, fifth is us looking at how far she jumped her sled!!

Attachments

• GOPR0043.jpg
    GOPR0043.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 267
  • GOPR0149.jpg
    GOPR0149.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 266
  • GOPR0220.jpg
    GOPR0220.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 268
  • GOPR0505.jpg
    GOPR0505.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 266
  • GOPR0557.jpg
    GOPR0557.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 265

Oilboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I did almost the same thing this year, after taking my gf to the mountains a couple times ( fernie and golden) we finally rented her the right sled when we were in valemount got her on a 600etec 146. She started the day very cautious and really only there so I can ride more in the mountains. After a day of teaching and practice on tue hills behind the cabin at clamina she was doing awesome and having a blast!! so I took her up to see the glacier and once we got up there and messed around some more. She said to me now she gets why I like the mountains and that she was having a awesome time!! At the end of the day in the truck on the way to take her sled back she said she wants to sled with me in the mountains more and Monday morning she snow checked a new etec 600 146.

Taminator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yaaay!! Such awesome posts guys :D

So many of us gals have been where your GF's are...and now nothing could stop us from riding! I hope that's where this goes for you too :beer: Can't wait to see you all out in the BC mountains next year :cool:

Timber12... I'm kind of intrigued now wondering what that 4th picture has in store LOL ;)

Timber_12

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry it's been taking me so long to post more pics.

Here's a few more of the day. You can tell in the last picture someone was having fun!!

Attachments

• GOPR0022.jpg
    GOPR0022.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 171
  • GOPR0970.jpg
    GOPR0970.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 181
  • GOPR0609.jpg
    GOPR0609.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 171
  • GOPR0593.jpg
    GOPR0593.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 169
  • GOPR0035.jpg
    GOPR0035.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 168

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
congrats. my girlfriends first sled exerience ended smashed into a very large tree and she will not touch a sled again LOL. OOPS

I'm appreciative, I needed someone to hang out with in the cabin all day...

Top Bottom