GPS for Christmas

Ryano

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
anyone have any thoughts on what a good make is I hear that the fat man might be bringing me one but is unsure as to what make and model. It would have to be quad freindly for sure but unsure as to what other options would be good to have

canadian madman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i just picked myself up the Garmin 60CSX for christmas....did alot of research....most rugged one out there....everything is sealed up tight - even when you plug into aux power so you don't keep going through batteries

one button to mark your location - no scrolling through menus...which is a big plus when you're with an impatient group

highly recommend that one

99summitx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Agree, I have the older Garmin 60C, make sure Santa includes the Topo Canada maps.:beer:

BC Sno-Ghost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i just picked myself up the Garmin 60CSX for christmas....did alot of research....most rugged one out there....everything is sealed up tight - even when you plug into aux power so you don't keep going through batteries

one button to mark your location - no scrolling through menus...which is a big plus when you're with an impatient group

highly recommend that one

That's the one I started using last year and it's great. Very User Friendly with excellent features. Whatever you do don't get a Magellan! Tried one last year before I got the Garmin and what a POS!

Taz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
anyone have any thoughts on what a good make is I hear that the fat man might be bringing me one but is unsure as to what make and model. It would have to be quad freindly for sure but unsure as to what other options would be good to have

I just picked up the Rino 530HCx it depends on what features you want and how much you want to spend but Garmin is the way to go.:)

Grizzly4323

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I also have a Garmin 60CSX. Had it for about four years. Lets just say it's been rode hard and still workin good. One bit of advice though. whichever unit you decide to get you need to spend lots and lots of time playing with it. Also get a power cord for it as they tend to suck batteries in a hurry. Happy hunting...

Dean10

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure what your needs are, but we use the Garmin Zumo 550, its specifically designed for all weather conditions, we have them mounted on the sleds and they can definitely handle the abuse, never had a problem. Full color touch screen,..etc. Just snap it into your truck for the ride home, it works really good.

Top Bottom