Got to ride the 2011 Yamaha

SLY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I got to ride 3 of the new sleds today. I'm a little disappointed that there is no new Mtn sled but I took the new 162 Nytro for a ride anyway. Just like the 2010 it has the new float setup all around and is very torquey, my sled has a little more on tap so it's kinda tough for me to ride a stocker. I don't have any use for a trail sled but did I ever get a shock when I jumped on the new Apex trail sled, the power steering is unreal. The power of the new Apex is really impressive as well and the thing is very fast, has more horsepower than the old model. The first one I rode had the float setup and is super plush, I found myself going faster and faster on it because the steering allows you to ignore the rutted trail and just point it where you need to go. It`s kinda weird because you are expecting to get jarred and thrown off your line but the steering system just eliminates that problem, you guys have to ride this thing if you get a chance, you won't believe how good it works. I think this steering setup is going to have a bigger impact on sledding than it did on ATV's and I'm pretty sure the other brands will be following suit. I also rode the new Apex XTX and found myself going so fast down the rough part of the trail that the 144 was pitching it around quite a bit and still the power steering was egging me to go harder. I could even handle this steering on my mountain sled, would be nice for the ungroomed trails.

ridehard

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry, as an XP rider, I don't quite get Power Steering. If the sled weighed too much, darted on ruts, and un-nerved the rider, Perhaps, this could make some sense. What would make more, is why not fix the core problem without adding more weight and cost and complexity?

SLY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you ride it you will get it ;) i'm sure bombi will copy it next year

Top Bottom