Gorman

robhayward

Reaction score
Damn. Not what i wanted to hear.

Took a blast up gorman this afternoon. Meet a good group of guys from red deer up there to ride with. Anywho conditions are spring like. Trail in is slush and ice. There is gravel in some sections. Snow at the lake was really heavy, like a late spring pow. Snow doesn't fluff up till about 7000ft. Not a lot of avalanche has fallen yet. Snow up at the lake was heavy.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Took a blast up gorman this afternoon. Meet a good group of guys from red deer up there to ride with. Anywho conditions are spring like. Trail in is slush and ice. There is gravel in some sections. Snow at the lake was really heavy, like a late spring pow. Snow doesn't fluff up till about 7000ft. Not a lot of avalanche has fallen yet. Snow up at the lake was heavy.

Thunder Valley is ready to rock and roll.....

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It didn't let go and take the ch!t can last year till the 22-23 in march.

We were there the 21 and 24.

1/2 the lake was messed up and the east side of the lake got over run including the ch!t can.

That's y its not there now and the snow ran to the open creek hole in the lake.

That cans been there for years.

So last year's act tells ya had more snow forsure.

from my HTC

M1200turbo

Reaction score
Been up Gorman the last 2 days snow is good and deep. Riding to more hoping to tag along as I'm by myself red mega cab all black 1100

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did a quick day blast up Gorman. Tracked out. Snow is still light up top if you can find it. Also really setup on any sun facing slopes. It is pretty much a highway into both quartz lake and east quartz. Trail in was in good shape given the warm weather, slush feat coming out though.

Should mention the spring Avy cycle is starting. There was a lot of wet bluffs coming down and slab breaks today all over the place after about 2pm.

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
gormanout.jpg

good day in gorman,, conditions as expected not much fluff.. still some biggies to come down,, went back to east quartz lake played in Lang and Cirque

gormanmar29.jpg

gormanmar29out.jpg

The snow line started at the trail head but I assume it will melt quick it was thin half way up
gormanmar29stage.jpg

Chump

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any updates on conditions? Headed out tomorrow, hoping the recent weather brought some snow with it!!!

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was there today.

Not much fresh.

Parking at 12 km

Watch out for rotten snow down low.

Real soft

sent from my HTC while working

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was there today.

Not much fresh.

Parking at 12 km

Watch out for rotten snow down low.

Real soft

hmmmm I would of thought they got some,,,,, where's the pics meng???

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry no pics.

Forgot the cam at the truck also.

Even up top I bet fresh was ski height depth.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hmmmm I would of thought they got some,,,,, where's the pics meng???
Like cement underneath, not much fresh, sat it rained up to about 6000 ft. At some point it has rained all the way up, there is a hard layer underlying everything. They got about 4" total above 6,000 ft, no more than that overnight on Sat. It has windblown into some spots, and wasn't bonding well to the stuff underneath. Will try and get some pics up later if I get a chance.

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Parked at the y. Km 20 I think that is, just before the switch backs. Super slushy up here. Mega avy day today. Watched about 20 slides overall I thinkin. Lost count. Made it into east quartz, big cornice hangin in this zone. Went into holts and was good. Trail in was pretty decen in my opinion, I have seen worse.

Top Bottom