gopro hd hero2

slednk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey i was wonder what you guys have it set on like 1080 or 960 ect...i put mine on 1080 but it like gliches...but films smoother with 960

Timber_Tramp

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm on my second hero2 . The first one filmed in a pink tone and now the brand new one films in green :/.Hopefully the third time is a charm ....

neddacsac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im running mine on 1080. Are you sure its not just you computer or the media player you are using?? Try plugging the camera right into an HD tv and see if it still glitches.

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what class of card do you have? you need a class 10. the class is the read write speed.

I used a non class rated old 1 gb walmart fuji film card, so probably a class 4 and it was glitchy as hell at 720. I got a 32 gb class 10 and its great on 1080 now.

Last edited:

canadian madman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
mine is set to 1080 and no glitches....class 10 card.....but i agree with the comment above - it may just be your computer....plug it directly to the tv or once you burn it to disc it should be fine....

and i don't have any color tones like someone stated above....crystal clear...very inpressed....my buddy bought the contour hd at the same time and there is a night and day difference...hero2 is the way to go

slednk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I treks to plug it into my tv that has hdmi and nothing shows up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did you set your tv to that hdmi port?

The choppy playback on the computer is due to the fact the computer can't keep up to the recording. Mine does it at anything higher than 720 on my crappy notebook.

I am not sure how someone can run it at 960 for slow motion. The only 960 setting is 30fps and plus its 4:3. 720 is the only setting for 60fps for slow motion playback. Slow mo at 30fps would lose frames and resolution because you are only recording half the amount of fps.

If you don't require slow motion use the 720 30fps and it should help the playback on a slower computer. Also if you are just using it for Youtube and home vids, there isn't much point in recording in anything higher than 720. Most people can't tell the difference if you put 720 next to 1080 for playback. If you are one of those people who say its a huge difference, well thumbs up to you. Plus recording in higher res yields larger files.

I have the pink light sensor issue with mine. Its going back but not until winter is over. It is cured by doing a warm boot when its cold out. Turn on when cold, click record for 2 seconds, stop record, power down and power back up.

neddacsac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did you set your tv to that hdmi port?

The choppy playback on the computer is due to the fact the computer can't keep up to the recording. Mine does it at anything higher than 720 on my crappy notebook.

I am not sure how someone can run it at 960 for slow motion. The only 960 setting is 30fps and plus its 4:3. 720 is the only setting for 60fps for slow motion playback. Slow mo at 30fps would lose frames and resolution because you are only recording half the amount of fps.

If you don't require slow motion use the 720 30fps and it should help the playback on a slower computer. Also if you are just using it for Youtube and home vids, there isn't much point in recording in anything higher than 720. Most people can't tell the difference if you put 720 next to 1080 for playback. If you are one of those people who say its a huge difference, well thumbs up to you. Plus recording in higher res yields larger files.

I have the pink light sensor issue with mine. Its going back but not until winter is over. It is cured by doing a warm boot when its cold out. Turn on when cold, click record for 2 seconds, stop record, power down and power back up.

Ther is 2settings for 960. 30fps and 48 fps for slow motion. 960 is used for the widest top to bottom and side to side viewing area.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ther is 2settings for 960. 30fps and 48 fps for slow motion. 960 is used for the widest top to bottom and side to side viewing area.

Yes sorry, 960 in 48, but thats still a 4:3 aspect. I just prefer watching in 16:9. 960 is fine for top to bottom, but 16:9 still gives you the widest view. Don't you find 4:3 odd to watch?

slednk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ah I got it figured out and ya it way better on the tv with 1080... Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

slednk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
THe first time i used it it worked fine.... then i used in swanhills and the first day it was in a pink/peach color and the next it was fine... i perfer it in 1080... mine came with a hdmi cable that plugs into the camera and right into the tv

Top Bottom