GOpro front sled mount?

powderpilot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I use a Manfrotto superclamp and articulating arm. You can get an accessory for the GoPro that lets you mount to regular tripods as well. My photo here was pulled from footage on my Drift.
293077_10151224664097209_1733434718_n.jpg
t320_fdd82d997168e79ee0bad980c77a9421.jpg

t313_e648bcc17338daa1a950c2e8eae902e5.jpg

Shitfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
heard of using an old hyfax attached to either front or rear or even above yourself. should have just enough flex to dampen the vibations etc but stiff enough to keep the set camera angle, never tried myself yet to prove/disprove but i think it would work prety good, and basically free

Goondocker97

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
this isnt for a gopro, i built it for a contour hd.......wouldnt be hard tho to modify the camera mount part to make it work with a gopro, heres a link to what the video takin with it looks like if your interested.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLue1Nh1cYM[/media]
How does the turbo apex haul?

Old-Soul

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've been looking into options as well. Lots of guys running RAM mounts and building their own arms out of PVC or conduit.

Old-Soul

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Might as well post some of the ideas I have stumbled across online here.

This rig is made out of RAM mounts, looks easy enough to duplicate but VuVantage has taken much of the guess work out for us.

post-1996-0-47857200-1378227478.jpg

And this one is a cheap DIY rig a guy built out of PVC that you slip into the hydration pack spot found in many backpacks now.

IMG_2464_zps217ab9ed.jpg
IMG_2466_zps13d25c8e.jpg

norona

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.noronalife.com
Vuvantage.com they have a front bumper mount that uses the arm and it works awesome, they make some of the best mounts and are a great price for what they are.

sledhead5000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.pdotsledding.com
I can report back that the arm is a waste of money, no way the ball-socket joints will stay in place when riding. But the clamp works like a charm on the odd-shaped XM bumper.

Just get the clamp, and some 3/8 threaded rod, and a 3/8 to 1/4 tripod adapter (plus tripod mount for the go-pro) and it should work great.

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry, don't know if it has been mentioned and I don't have time to go back through the thread, but if no one has mentioned hardoncameramounts@hotmail.com anyone interested in a front mount bumper system should shoot these guys an email.

They are just a group of young folks whom all are members on this site and are working on a great mount setup that I have been testing a bit.

Sorry no photo of the unit on hand but here is a vid and any questions should be addressed to the Hotmail address above

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tc1gP7z6S2E

codered306

Reaction score
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg Here is some front and rear mounts we have designed blocks are made from umhw and perfectly fit to the cut of your bumper making it very solid poles are made from light weight steal and are powder coated. The pole has a cable tether that runs through the pole connecting your bumper and camera together in case the pole snaps you won't loose your camera. The pole is mounted I a way that if u roll your sled it will turn in the block in between your skis so u don't have to remove it if u get stuck. The footage u get is unreal very stable no vibration easy to watch. If u want one let me know currently have blocks for xm's xp's and new cats hardoncameramounts@hotmail.com or give me a shout if u have questions 1-306-441-4899

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 356
Top Bottom