Gooodfish lake quad rally - april 28, 2012

Bullj77

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
19km off highway 28 to staging area.

So for those coming on highway 28 passing Vilna, Alberta . Turning on ranger road 130 it is also the turn when you see Goodfish Lake sign, you would turn left . Go 14 km's down the party paved road. Once you hit the gravel on a corner go to T-Intersection then turn Left. Go 5 km North. The staging area is a big brown building with Carl Bull's gas and mini mart store across the staging area.

Thanks

Grasshopper

Reaction score
I'm sure they will think of something if they have the new radios for iPods on quads lol!! Well
We still have the concession:) there be warm dogs there lol!!

Just a thought but I've seen some rallies where they bring in a generator and large BBQ for hotdogs,burgers, coffee etc for the half way point check stop

Grasshopper

Reaction score
decided not to bring the little due to weather but rain/snow or sunshine we'll be there :) thank you for the offer though

No Iam not. I can lend you a helmet. Bring a bike helmet also. That's what we had to use on her before cause she was too tiny.

Bullj77

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just a thought but I've seen some rallies where they bring in a generator and large BBQ for hotdogs,burgers, coffee etc for the half way point check stop

Yah.. It was still up in the air until this morning... But no half way point. We see how our turn out will be and make sure next year:)

Pitbull

Reaction score
So for those coming on highway 28 passing Vilna, Alberta . Turning on ranger road 130 it is also the turn when you see Goodfish Lake sign, you would turn left . Go 14 km's down the party paved road. Once you hit the gravel on a corner go to T-Intersection then turn Left. Go 5 km North. The staging area is a big brown building with Carl Bull's gas and mini mart store across the staging area.

Thanks

Thanks for clearing up the directions Bullj77 - My son & I will be their. :beer:

Bullj77

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just want to thank everybody in advance.. We hear there is going to be a good turn out for our first rally:)

Bullj77

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks to everyone that came out today:) we had a very good turn out for our first rally!! Hope to see everyone next year!! I do hope people post their pictures and videos up. Also anybody with pictures and videos can you please send them to my email at bullj77@hotmail.com.. I wish I could have been on the trail taken pictures:) thanks again

kbrunlees

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Our crew had a really good time, I am now going to drop dead and go to bed. Good trail and the wife had a blast. Thanks for putting on the rally, didn't get to stay to see who won the quad but if you want to just call us to pick it up no problem.

tomanytoysnotnuftime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here is a pic of my guinea pig!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1335673643.444158.jpg

Just as a depth reference, the back of my cage is 80 inches tall. 1 huge cargo box with 0 drain holes = major PITA!!

Bullj77

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Our crew had a really good time, I am now going to drop dead and go to bed. Good trail and the wife had a blast. Thanks for putting on the rally, didn't get to stay to see who won the quad but if you want to just call us to pick it up no problem.

Thanks for coming out:) $500. Went to a camrose rider. $1000. Went to a st.Paul rider. And 1st prize was a local older man:) and just to be clear a Edmonton lil boy picked the winner lol!

And drop dead.. I'm still trying to walk with jello legs lol!

May 12 beaver lake..( just outside of Lac La Biche ) will also be hosting a quad rally.

May 5 onion lake and also Elizebeth. A fundraiser for a wife and kids who lost their dad early this spring Mitch Cardinal.

Going on the trail tomorrow heard it's ripped up pretty good can't wait lol!

Bullj77

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for coming out:) $500. Went to a camrose rider. $1000. Went to a st.Paul rider. And 1st prize was a local older man:) and just to be clear a Edmonton lil boy picked the winner lol!

And drop dead.. I'm still trying to walk with jello legs lol!

May 12 beaver lake..( just outside of Lac La Biche ) will also be hosting a quad rally.

May 5 onion lake and also Elizebeth. A fundraiser for a wife and kids who lost their dad early this spring Mitch Cardinal.

Going on the trail tomorrow heard it's ripped up pretty good can't wait lol!

Sorry the Elizebeth May 5 is a fundraiser event..

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the picture :)

That water hole was crazy! We just about lost STYKO in there. ...wish I had a picture of him floating his quad across, practically on it's side.

All in all, it was a very good rally. We were pleasently surprised by all the mud. We had a couple of first timers out with us and they had a total hoot too.

Thanks to the organizers for their hard work. I'm sure the rally will be even better next year. If I had to make one sugestion, I'd say to have a firm time on the draws. Every rally has a few straddlers that don't make it back in time for the draws, but I figure that should just be thier tough luck. It wasn't really fair to make the rest of us wait an extra hour and a half or more when some of us had a 2+ hour drive back home. ...not bitch'n, just saying. Thanks again for a great day.

Top Bottom