Good socks?

stomper

Reaction score
I bought some KILM boots this year and looking for some socks to keep the feet dry. Probably more so from sweating than moisture getting in. Any one have any suggestions on a great sock that wicks the moisture and is not too thick? I think cotton is probably the worst but not sure about wool or some synthetic combos.

BillyYork

Reaction score
I get some good wool socks from Atmosphere or even Marks.. Always works awesome, will stay warm even when wet.

Highfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a pair or Motorfist socks. When I got them I thought to myself how are these going to be any good. Seemed to be way to thin (I get cold feet easily). But they are an awesome sock and are working well for me.
Cotten is rotten! Stay away from it.
If I am not mistaken the Motorfist Socks are a Wool Nylon blend.
Check hunting/fishing stores, hiking stores Etc. They should have something that will work (If you don't want to order on line).

Examples of Motorfist and Klim socks links...

MotorFist Sub Zero Socks - Socks - - Canada's Motorcycle

Klim Mammoth Socks - Socks - - Canada's Motorcycle

Grizzly4323

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Need to make sure their a quality moisture wicking material. Ie. Merino wool. Can buy name brand but Marks, Wholesale, Cabelas etc. stock several different brands. Don't need to spend big big bucks!!

fisherman420

Reaction score
I use Wigwams or Smartwool but any high wool blend sock is good, avoid cotton if you can. I was also taught a trick a few years back....put deodorant on your feet top and bottom, sounds ridiculous but helps them from sweating.....sweat=wet=cold and uncomfortable

hunter2010

Reaction score
Anything with Merino wool, the more merino wool in the sock the better. Smartwool are great socks, pricey at $15 plus a pair but worth it. Costco actually has a sock very similar to Smartwool at a fraction of the cost. Merino wool wicks the moisture caused by sweating away from the body, and it doesn't stink. BassPro used to have a lifetime guarantee, if the sock wears out take it back and get a new pair. I wear Smartwool everyday and have socks that are 8 years old and still wearable. I put my money on Smartwool.

stomper

Reaction score
Anything with Merino wool, the more merino wool in the sock the better. Smartwool are great socks, pricey at $15 plus a pair but worth it. Costco actually has a sock very similar to Smartwool at a fraction of the cost. Merino wool wicks the moisture caused by sweating away from the body, and it doesn't stink. BassPro used to have a lifetime guarantee, if the sock wears out take it back and get a new pair. I wear Smartwool everyday and have socks that are 8 years old and still wearable. I put my money on Smartwool.

Where can you get the smartwools in Edmonton?

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
I have a couple pairs of klim socks, i like them,but not much different than regular wool socks I didn't think

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

stormtrooper

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Get yourself thin moisture wicking socks as a base layer then merino wool on top for warmth. Thickness of wool sock based on temp. The thin moisture wicking socks are only slightly thicker than women's nylons and do a great job pulling moisture from your feet. I like my wigwam socks. Also have lots of smart wool socks and the marks brand but prefer the wigwam ones.

X-Treme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.robinsautomotive.ca
I went with the Klim socks for my Adrenalin's. I have both types. One is the mammoth I think and forget the other one too. Anyways, wore the mammoth (or whatever the thicker ones are called) this weekend, and my feet stayed SO dry and warm. And I have a problem with my feet freezing. Froze all the way to McBride. Put the socks and boots on at Renshaw, and stayed warm all weekend. Froze em again on the way home today.

DDrake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I lso wear Smartwool Awesome socks.

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
I wear my dunlops and use bama socks over my regular old socks. Those blue moccasins you see in a plastic bag. best thing i ever wear, feet always stay dry and make the boots comfortable.

gibsons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
smartwool or icebreakers from cabela's have my vote. just have to watch for when they go on sale.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Get yourself thin moisture wicking socks as a base layer then merino wool on top for warmth. Thickness of wool sock based on temp. The thin moisture wicking socks are only slightly thicker than women's nylons and do a great job pulling moisture from your feet. I like my wigwam socks. Also have lots of smart wool socks and the marks brand but prefer the wigwam ones.

This is the real deal! We wear polyester/polypropylene on our body; why not on our feet?

Marks has a polyester/polypropylene sock liner. 2 pair for $12.99 and they are as stormtrooper stated; a little thicker than women's nylons. I wore a pair yesterday to try out without anything over top and my feet were warm all day. When it gets a little colder I will try my Smartwool on top and see how that goes.

Happy camper with Marks sock liners.

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
princessauto is caring carhartts, a little expensive but no fluff between your toes and they don't ball up. They have some warm ones too for the women. Lots of models to choose from.

Top Bottom