Good or bad deal on 09 dragon??

powder dreams

Reaction score
So iv been lookin for a wife sled and I was wanting to get an xp but came across a 09 dragon 800 with a 155, electeric start, slp can, cover, tunnel bag and only had 361 miles and looked brand new basically. And it had the polaris recall done at 190 miles. Couldn't pass it up for $4200 It seemed like a pretty smokin deal to me even tho I'm really not a polaris guy. Put 50 miles on over Easter without an issue. Befor it even came off the truck i pulled the sway bar and narrowed the skis. it Seems like it'll be perfect for the wife.

is there anything else that I should look into or be concerned about? I'm probably gunna put a few vents on and maybe plasti dip the hood but that's it.

Could anyone tell me what the recall consisted of? I have all the documentation on it but really doesn't tell you what was done.

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the engines for the most part are ticking time bombs. great sled except for the engines I had a 2010 dragon, thought wow what a great sled until the engine blew up into many pieces. 3 engines in total then i dumped it. now have a 2014 pro.....

jjmm2

Reaction score
look into three things. do a fix/durability kit, check the part numbers on the voltge regulator as they replaced the old ones with updated ones due to problem electrical problems and consider putting coil over shocks on the front and getting the heavy duty torsion springs for the rear suspension as people say that the walker evens air shocks can sag and be soft. the first 2 things are a definate. fix kits are around 1200 installed or 500 to 700 if you do it your self and a new VR is 150 ish through recreation suply. other then that a good seld i love my 2009 800

Top Bottom