2008 Polaris Dragon 800 - Was running, quit and now backfires when try to start?

hbpaints

Reaction score
Hey guys...

2008 Polaris Dragon 800, new to me sled, had a dealer check it out and all updates done, etc... haven't even put a mile on it yet... lol

Was running fine, started and loaded on truck deck, took off deck, ran across yard, etc... started 2nd 3rd pull every time until today... Started it on the truck deck, let it warm up, unloaded it, ran it down the driveway and it backfired a couple times, didn;t think much of it as it may have still been a bit cold... Went back up driveway, and turned it off.
Had been sitting for about 1/2 hour and then I went and started it, was letting it warm up and getting my helmet on and it just quit... Would not start back up?

Took out plugs, looked wet, so I cleaned them, put them back in, still nothing, took them out again, wet again... cleaned them again really good... Went to start and BANG... huge backfire... Pulled plugs and checked... little wet... but piston tops, etc... everything looks ok... put them back in, pulled again and BANG... backfired again...

Any ideas on what I'm missing here or do I have a bigger problem....

Any advice is appreciated and I'm hoping I haven't wrecked something before even putting a mile on the sled... lol

Thanks in advance.

Ol' Skool

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds like its flooded really bad. Let it sit for a while with the plugs out. Put new plugs in, pull it over with it pinned to the bar. Should fire up.

Top Bottom