good investment?

foxrider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
one of my familys friends has a 98 formula 583 stx for sale. it has a new one an quarter inch ripsaw track, new front shocks, and has a cracked hood. its 1600$, good investment?

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not a bad price if it's a good runner.

foxrider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
havent test riden it yet, but still leary.

foxrider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if i buy it and it craps out, would it be worth parting out to get my money back?

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if i buy it and it craps out, would it be worth parting out to get my money back?

never heard of a sled as an investment, they all cost money, some more than others. my opinion , if it was worth more to part out, it would already have been. you may have it sit for quite a while, as it is an old sled and they are starting to sit behind garages. if it runs and is in decent shape ride it andhave fun 1600 isn't a bad price, and they were a good riding sled.

Pappillion

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
1500-2000 for a pull'n'start sled is never a bad price. As long as you use it. You won't make money by parting it out. Not enough of a demand for that sled.jmo. If you have a use for it and the cash burning a hole in your pocket than I would go for it.

thumperracing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes i completley agree with "imdoo'n" its a good price and there are a good sled for riding most places. You wouldn't get ur money back out if you tryed to part it out however 2 strokes are easy and relatively cheap to rebuild especially if you are able to do it yourself.

Top Bottom