Good deal on barrels of C12??

Dfewchuk868

Reaction score
Just lookin for a better deal on drums of C12. Will be picking up 2 drums on my way from Edmonton to the okanagan Monday next week. Who has a hook up they would be willing to share?

AltaCycle

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Just lookin for a better deal on drums of C12. Will be picking up 2 drums on my way from Edmonton to the okanagan Monday next week. Who has a hook up they would be willing to share?
Give me a call at the shop Tuesday, see what I can do for you. 7804773525 Mike

slededjr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's not the same as VP though. Blended / made differently. AFD fury 108 has basically no lead compared to VP C12. I run Fury in the etec and in my buddies turbo. My prostock has been running on C12 since 1999 with no issues. I can't find anything or anyone that will tell me if I can simply switch to the AFD ?

2010m8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When I filled up my jerry cans at AFD the guy there said it has lead in it. Didn't say how much though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

slededjr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It does yes. I forget the numbers of percentages to the amount but it was basically none compared to the amount in VP C12. I had all the numbers of quantities of chemicals used to make each fuel. Not one Shop could tell me if switching to AFD in my prostock would be ok or not. Car shops and sled shops. I know a number of years ago we ran out at one of the races and got a few gallons of sunoco from a guy. Sled blew up half way down the track. That fuel obviously burns different as the plugs were white.

canuck5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mon number on that C-12 is 108 and same thing with AFDs 108 fuel I understand lead content can also help cooling and deto prevention. Have alot of boosted miles 16-18psi always ran VP-110,111, AFD's 108 mixed 50/50 or av gas straight thats on a Nytro with 10:1 compression. All depends on your compression ratios and amount of boost ive just found VP to be the most expensive.

Top Bottom