Golden Triangle

RXN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You Couldn't wipe the smile off my face.

We sucessfully completed the Golden Triangle yesterday. (I've been trying since 2004 and failed every year, always stupid little things). Well yesterday went great. 7 of us from the Tri-County Club came up. Looks like we staged same time as the Trail Blazers.

Seen a couple guys with blown belts, changing them out. Heard one guy with the Trail Blazers shredded his track??? What happened there? anyone know?

We were on the trails around 8am, hit Swan Hills just after 11am. (not sure odometer reading, thinking it was 125km). then Fox Creek by 2pm. here my Odometer read 250km. Back at Whitecourt by 4:30pm. odometer read 366.9km.

On the way back to Whitecourt. Probably close to the halfway point between Fox Creek and Whitecourt, one of the guys damn near bit a piece of his tongue off when his chin kissed his handle bars. (We were 5min from Eagle Tower Road). So we were at the Whitecourt Hospital for 2.5hours getting his fixed up. Poor guy, looked painful.

Outside of that all was awesome, the clubs up there have done an excellent job at grooming and signing the trails. Thanks for all the effort in making our ride a great ride.

:beer:

Hats off to the groomer operators, and trail maintenance workers. with out you we wouldn't be doing it.

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Close to 40 sledders rode the triangle yesterday. One young guy did have a track failure on his Pro before he even made it to the Carson Cabin but as far as I know everyone else made the complete loop. We left town at 8:00 and got back to the rivers hotel at about 20:30 or so. Long day but the trails were great. Groomer operators from all three clubs have done an outstanding job. New Esso on the east end of Fox Creek is really handy to the trails for fuelling up. 208 miles on my odometer from the boat launch back to my garage.

Top Bottom