Golden Triangle

FOGO

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone wants to ride the Golden Triangle on Saturday 25th? Any info on trail conditions would be great.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Re: Gloden Triangle

If i get my sled back in time for this weekend your welcome to tag along with us on the 25th, we usually stage at the eagle tower rest area 25 mins west of whitecourt on 43. But my primary is completely shot and it isn't looking to favourable to have it back by then. If I get it back we will be there by 830-9am ish saturday. Buddy was out yesterday, said the snow is pretty set up and about 3-4' deep, but in the afternoon the snow softened up and it got better. They rode mostly untouched lease roads and cutlines all day, bring a saw, lots of downed trees

RXN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Wife and I are riding around up there on Saturday. Wife don't ride much so will be slower paced. but If ya want to tag along, PM me.

mxcollector

Reaction score

do you intents on doing the entire triangle ... they say on the Whitecourt site that it is impassable ....

Last edited:

meatman

Reaction score

Is anyone interested in going out on either Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday? I live in fort sask, but work in fort Mac. Been about 15 years since I rode the triangle. Would like to do it again. Wife has to work but I would trailer over just to get some riding in. Can text or reply 7807427949. Thanks

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Group of Whitecourt Trailblazers is riding the Triangle on 08 March. Leaving Eagle River Staging area at 08:00. 220 miles, should take around 10 hours, Wct to Swan hills to Fox back to Wct. Bring food, fuel and a tow rope just in case. Not really a family friendly ride, have to keep up a pretty good pace to make it back before bedtime.

Reactions: RXN

RXN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A few of us from Tri-County are going to give it a go. Don't think we'll ride with the trail blazers, (don't want to slow em down any).
We'll hit Swan From Whitecourt, and see what time it is, how we feel then decide ride to Fox or back to whitecourt.

Welcome to join

mxcollector

Reaction score
Group of Whitecourt Trailblazers is riding the Triangle on 08 March. Leaving Eagle River Staging area at 08:00. 220 miles, should take around 10 hours, Wct to Swan hills to Fox back to Wct. Bring food, fuel and a tow rope just in case. Not really a family friendly ride, have to keep up a pretty good pace to make it back before bedtime.

sounds like my kinda trip !

my 08 summit has 40 lt tank and a 12lt jerry can on the back ...would that be enough ?

will you stop for fuel any were ?

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As long as you have a trail pass. Should be plenty, stops in Swan Hills and Fox Creek for fuel.

Emanuel Russo

Reaction score
A few of us from Tri-County are going to give it a go. Don't think we'll ride with the trail blazers, (don't want to slow em down any).
We'll hit Swan From Whitecourt, and see what time it is, how we feel then decide ride to Fox or back to whitecourt.

Welcome to join
New rider love to join u guys staging and watt time ??

SKIROULE

Reaction score
Are you guys still good to go for Saturday? If so, got room for one more.

SKIROULE

Reaction score
How far is it from Eagle River to Swan? I have rode From the centre of Alberta stage area to Swan on a tank a few times. I tried to get a jerry can for my sled but they are out of stock so I can't carry any extra fuel with me.

RXN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How far is it from Eagle River to Swan? I have rode From the centre of Alberta stage area to Swan on a tank a few times. I tried to get a jerry can for my sled but they are out of stock so I can't carry any extra fuel with me.

That is the longest leg of the triangle. Not 100% exact distance. Think its like 140kms. Should be able to google it.

RXN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That is the longest leg of the triangle. Not 100% exact distance. Think its like 140kms. Should be able to google it.

Just googled it. Longest leg is 115kms. Should be able to do without packing extra gas. I am packing oil with me. Can do one tank of oil to two tanks of gas. Total trip should be 3 tanks.

SKIROULE

Reaction score
How are the trails? I couldn't make it out for the triangle ride today but am hoping to get out for a ride Sunday.

Any info would be great.

TDR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode Whitecourt yesterday. Pretty good. If the forecast is correct go tomorrow cause there might not be much left in another week.

SKIROULE

Reaction score
Rode Whitecourt yesterday. Pretty good. If the forecast is correct go tomorrow cause there might not be much left in another week.

By the weather over the next few days it looks like I better get out Sunday.

Thanks for the info,

Anyone else heading out for a ride tomorrow?

Top Bottom