Golden Snow 2013

m8welder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah we rode quartz today and it was pretty decent for early season. Getting fairly tracked up today but you could probably still find some untouched spots. Lots of decent climbs without a whole lot of rocks. Just nice to get out and ride

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So looking to go for a day ride Mabe Monday.

Any pics ?? Of quartz ??

Last pic I seen looked way low on snow compard to last year ( went out on Nov 11 ) with snow close to level with the deck.

sent from my htc

Vance Matheson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ok maybe i found one deep drift and got stuck.... IMG00609.jpg funny thing is i was happy to get stuck !!:eek:

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya go figure. Snowin like a byotch Monday

No fresh snow - blue bird days

Would be nice once and a while.

sent from my htc

Shadam

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Quartz was fun. trail in was ok, a couple of creek crossings (why do guys have to spray ch!t all thru their sled when crossing creeks, thus making the water gap wider???)
up top was great, yes it was thin, but we didnt hit a thing. lotsa guys skiing and snowboarding too. I got stuck twice but my sled was making good traction.
we had freezing rain last nite, not sure how high up that turned to snow.

I only got 1 happy snap as some one forgot to charge battery ...

bayman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i saw you ripping around how did the sled work first ride ?

Sled was pretty close, like Linderman said it would be. The back shifting is a little different than with the DJ clutch kit, just something to get used to. I will take one gram of pin weight out and it should be bang on for clicker 3-4. I had to roll it 2-3 times(ran out of talent and got stuck)and started first pull everytime. Never did that before. The guys on the XM and Pro couldn't believe it. Snow was a little skinny(least i've seen at Quartz), creek crossing just before the cabin were a lot worse on the way home than in the morning. Still saw tracks in the park, when will people get it?

m8welder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I thought quartz was awesome today. It snowed a couple of feet up in the elevation last night. There was all kinds of untracked snow to the left of the cabin. Didn't hit a rock, did lots of tree riding and it is deep in there and found climbs that we're a blast. Supposed to snow all week. Will be good riding for people next weekend. The trail up does suck though, getting pounded out and doubt the groomer will be going for a bit yet

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thanks for the pics... does look a bit skinny for mid november but lets hope it gets pounded like they say!!!

Top Bottom