Golden Snow 2013

Shadam

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
puking hard as I type this. only a few cm"s here so far. rogers pass highway cam looks phat !!!
I'm sure quartz will be orsum.

I'm pleased to hear some one has tryed bluewater. I was at the tower/lookout above suzan lake which is at 1682m if I'm correct in summer, and is directly opposite bluewater and confirmed wot I had been droolling over while studing it on G-earth. the creek that linked (potentially) hope and bluewater needs some investigation late season. yet another snowshoe/splitboard mission.

as for Red-B, I'd luv to build that trail. there was slight hints of a trail at times. the debri is about 3-400m from the last creek crossing that came down from the lookers left beside the last cut block.
If I had some guys that didnt mind hard work I'd b all over that task.

paging GSR ...

PINKalicious

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We just road quartz it was amazing snow. Vis was a little sucky but there was a good 3ft of fresh still have to be careful of rock and creeks but it was still snowing hard when we left ImageUploadedByTapatalk1353717284.782403.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1353717299.773748.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1353717311.041911.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1353717331.057970.jpg

Shadam

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
about 10-15cm here at 1000m and snowed most of the day and still snowing !!!

I tryed a mission into R/B but everything was working against me ...
roads were a disaster ...
had to go back to the house twice for ch!t I forgot ...
broke E-rave cable ...
and this is just the start of it,
so I abandoned a ch!t show and went home to sort out my ch!t that clearly wasn't sorted ... eh

but day 6 on snow ... can i break the ellusive 150 days ???

Mayfly

Reaction score
Hey Adam,
Hoping to get out that way with you and your crew. Did you get the RT 1000 up and running or are you riding something different?
Play safe and will see ya soon.

Shadam

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
still riding the "pregnant cow" and luvin it !!!
keep in touch, we have sooo many options.
remember where we took you last year,
we busted it open this week and slayed it today.
crazy fun and deep.
8 dudes and 7 sleds.
I skinned to the peak 2550m and had a big snowboard line back to the sled.
light snow at times thru out the day and still trying to snow now

The Ratbaggers may be at quartz creek tomorrow ...

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
a few of us are going to quatrz i'd say for a day ride tomarrow... who else is going ??

Shadam

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
a great day at quartz creek. plenty of fresh snow and deep! plenty of face shots !!!

but the amount of garbage people leave behind is offensive !!!
seriously people, cig butts are one thing, but water bottles, sandwich bags, and every other type of plastic imaginable.

and smoking cig"s in the cabin ... lame ...

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
a great day at quartz creek. plenty of fresh snow and deep! plenty of face shots !!!

seriously people, cig butts are one thing, but water bottles, sandwich bags, and every other type of plastic imaginable.

The worst enemy to sledding in the backcountry is ourselves. Said it many times. For every person that cares there are 2 that don't....

turbofarmer

Reaction score
That drives me nuts. Why do people have no respect for our privilege to snowmobile in the backcountry! Pack it in Pack it out. Its pretty simple carry a ziplock bag for a garbage bag. Anyhow this is a snow condition thread so sorry for unrelated rant. Season looks to be shaping up pretty good!

Carbon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

This coming from. A guy saying there's nothing to hit.should be a little more accurit in condis,there good,but tons of rock,stumps hidden debrie .trails thin right to cabin but was groomed..cabin valleys pounded with all creeks open.needs a meter minamal.51 was best snow there 2ft on soft base.

Need more snow
Why wast all these posted about garbage.just grab some and take it down..I didn't think it was that hardor make a thread on cabin garbage.hard enought to find accuit snow condis

Shadam

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well this thread got all doomy and gloomy all of a sudden ... my bad ...

2 of my buddeis said the higer up on ridges they got the more rocks people were hitting.
I got one good buck side hilling to the ridge line and that was it for me all day.
we played mostly aorund tree line and it was stupid deep and no one hit anything down there.
but keep in mind its november not march, so of course the trail in is thin, after all it only just got groomed.
rocks and stumps etc etc, up trails were tight and complex for weaker riders. speaking of, more people should widen these trails on the way down coz theres many places that a rider going up meeting another coming down will kinda suck. the sooner we all pack it down the easier it will be for evreyone.
some glides opened up, and 1 slide that looked like it was triggered by a skier or snowboarder on a shadowy roller.

bullsheet over ... for now

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I do have to agree with carbon.

The snow was tracked up everywhere except a few tree places and in area 51.

Lots of rocks but that's the time of the year..

Creeks are mosty filled in in most spots.

Lots of Azzhats leaving crap yes forsure.

Hope it pukes snow all week for next weekend.

sent from my htc

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just post a pic and leave it at that - hate when peeps say it rocked or sucked because everyone has different opinions on what is good and bad. Every year I hear Quartz is pounded and anytime I go in there I can always find some fresh to play in, even after weeks of no snow. Or guys will say its good and its like a parking lot with every square inch driven over. You never know what peeps motivation is for their snow reports either. Pics speak 1000 words.

snowgood

Reaction score
Ah nothing like fresh pow and sunshine:thumbsup2:
Sunday was perfect,trail in was in great shape,lots of hazards still.Bring a 3 rd belt just so you don't go home wanting more.
Never seen a boom box on a sled but this guy did it.I'll post some pics when I get my cam back

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just post a pic and leave it at that - hate when peeps say it rocked or sucked because everyone has different opinions on what is good and bad. Every year I hear Quartz is pounded and anytime I go in there I can always find some fresh to play in, even after weeks of no snow. Or guys will say its good and its like a parking lot with every square inch driven over. You never know what peeps motivation is for their snow reports either. Pics speak 1000 words.

haha so true buddy,,, I dont even read peoples opinion any more unless I know them I just want the pics and I will make my own judgment call based on history

as of today historicaly I would say quartz is a bit thin they need a good system just to be worth it IMO

but thanks to everyone for the info I will pick threw it happily I am going next sunday as long as it snows a bit

Top Bottom