Golden Conditions

Bucky

Reaction score
Headed to Golden early friday morning for the Family day weekend, was wondering if anybody could give me a conditions report for Silent Pass and Quartz. Thanks Bucky.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Friends coming back late tonight, I'll talk to them tomorrow and post what they tell me.

Last edited:

Bucky

Reaction score
Thanks snochuck, Greatly apreaciated, Bucky.:specool:

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Talked to friends when they got back,said area tracked out but it has snowed since last weekend. They rode Quartz and Gorman but blew a motor at Quartz and did not ride much on day one. Sledbunnyracing and rknight111 are there today, they might post tonight.:) :confused:

Linkz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was at Quartz yesterday, snowed so hard we could barely see, 6" in the parking lot in 3 hours and about 10-12" up top.Awesome powder but couldnt fully enjoy it due to low visability

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
We rode Silent Pass yesterday (Feb 19). Long ride in aprox 40km but it was like a super highway, thumbs up to the groomer. We got to the top, Incredible snow, but limited visibiliy. We spent some time taking pics of some of our group jumping off a 18' cliff into some great powder. Which will be posted tonight in the gallery. Then headed to do some riding, it was snowing and there was no sun, but the snow was about 2 1/2' powder on a good base. We did some hi-marking for a while then headed down the waterfall to play there a bit, wow, heading down it was 3-4' deep. Were lucky we had Razor Ray with us who knew all the ways out we first watched him for a while jump the rocks and ride up which was a chor, then I took a poke up, nice. We rode in there and got stuck and unstuck for about 1 hour then had to head through the bush and get back to the gas cans. It was snowing quite heavy and the visibility was poor. When it clears up this will be great fun here, LOTS of fresh powder to play in.

RON

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Silent Pass

I agree with rknight111, the snow was increadible in silent pass. When the sky clears and the riding will be great. Tons of POW to play in.

Here is a photo of the snow we were in.

Attachments

• IMG_5942.jpg
    IMG_5942.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 177

Bucky

Reaction score
Hey Ron, what days were you guys riding when these piks were takin, and what riding area's were you at? We rode fri-sun, and most of the area's had fresh snow from thurs night but not as much as in your piks.

Cheers, Bucky

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Riding Golden

Hey Ron, what days were you guys riding when these piks were takin, and what riding area's were you at? We rode fri-sun, and most of the area's had fresh snow from thurs night but not as much as in your piks.

Cheers, Bucky

HEY BUCKY.... WE WERE RIDING "SILENT PASS" ON MONDAY. IT WAS SNOWING PRETTY HEAVY AND WHITEOUT CONDITIONS. COULDN'T REALLY SEE MUCH SO WE HAD TO STAY IN THE TREE AREA. NOT MUCH CLIMBING TO BE DONE. ;) SEVERE SNOW CONDITIONS, GREAT!!

Bucky

Reaction score
No we came home late sunday night after riding all day in what I believe is called the Bugaboo area.

Kafedawg

Reaction score
55cm's last Night, took us 8 1/2 hours to get back to E-town.
They are expecting another 30cms tonight.

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
where did you ride?
im going on thursday for a day trip and they are calling for sun
anyone wanna come for a RIP
let me know

foothills m8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey johnI i am heading out there sometime on thursday with guys from red deer you comming to meet and great tomorrow night.

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey johnI i am heading out there sometime on thursday with guys from red deer you comming to meet and great tomorrow night.

i cant make it im going to yuk yuks for a b-day thing
where are you riding on thursday, im only going for the day probably to quartz i think there grooming it now and up top should be in good shape before the weekend hits
another 28 cms last night and a bit more to come

Top Bottom