Golden and area Conditions 2015/16

toyz

Reaction score
conservation officers were checking for license plates on satuday up and down the silent pass road.

• Thanks
Reactions: ren

JMCX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
conservation officers were checking for license plates on satuday up and down the silent pass road.

We never saw them. I'm surprised they weren't scared off by the parking situation. The road isn't plowed as wide as other years making it a problem. The trail was less than stellar Saturday that's for sure. I don't see how it could have been groomed Thursday night.

Panzerdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
image.jpg image.jpg

Went to silent early Saturday 3rd or 4th truck was very good deep snow rode lots of powder above the lakes then went in to the trees and it was chest deep if you got off your sled the trail was in bad shape but I have never seen that many trucks there before was a excellent day breaking in a new turbo cat

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Your pictures are real small but that looks like the chute on the northwest corner of the lake. I remember climbing to the top of that in 96 on my Summit. It has slid and taken out the outhouse on the north end many times.

Yup that's the one, here's a bigger shot

toyz

Reaction score
they were at the silver mines parking at about noon. they said they were going to silent after that, they even had there sleds with them.

crashidy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Friend of mine saw them up there Sunday too. Had some one pulled over at the bottom by the ticket booth

Sent from my GT-I9100M using Tapatalk

Shadam

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Some guys want start a facebook page group or something similar for evryone to post where CO, s and cops are busting people.

Nothing to do with me as im plated on the snow flap and papers in my pocket ...

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Some guys want start a facebook page group or something similar for evryone to post where CO, s and cops are busting people.

Nothing to do with me as im plated on the snow flap and papers in my pocket ...
This is the same as people wanting to post on Facebook or Twitter where checkstops are or speedtraps etc. If you're legal then you have nothing to worry about. Hopefully this enforcement will turn up some "borrowed" equipment or better yet remove some impaired drivers from the roads

cowboytb

Reaction score
Anybody have any up dates on conditions at Quartz ? Pics or any information would be appreciated thx

NZjosh

Reaction score
Anybody have any up dates on conditions at Quartz ? Pics or any information would be appreciated thx

Awesome conditions on the weekend. Waist deep on Saturday and the snow set up nicely for Sunday, was very busy and got pretty tracked out everywhere

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This weekend sucked. Not as near as much snow as everyone bragging about. I would suggest on going further west.

Spindle deep in most part with some bumper deep in highly wind blown areas

blackhorse04

Reaction score
Rode Quartz on Tuesday. Found some pockets of snow but mostly everything was tracked up. Looks like they are suppose to get a lot of rain/snow in town today/tomorrow so that probably means a lot of snow up top.

Old-Soul

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Stopped in Golden for a stretch on our way to Revelstoke.

Looks like there must have been some good snow in Quartz for the past couple days, but she's pretty tracked up now. We stuck to the trees and found some good snow, only rode a few hours and then carried on our way.

ducati

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode Quartz yesterday and had decent snow all day. Was starting to get tracked out by late in the day but still snow to be had if you look for it. Right of the cabin should be decent today as it was brutal visibility up there yesterday.

Have to say I am getting tired of riding trails I have to pay to ride and never being remotely close to a groomed trail. In the last 2 years I have not had a nice trail in to Quartz once. There is a reason I normally ride areas that are not club areas.

Top Bottom