Gold, Silver, Paladium, etc...

Joholio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Doo you hold in precious metals?

Silver is coming off a 5 year low.

Gold is up $55 just today...

Looking for experience and advice please.

Ronaha

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Doo you hold in precious metals?

Silver is coming off a 5 year low.

Gold is up $55 just today...

Looking for experience and advice please.

it's annoying cuz there's always fees incurred buying physical assets or even stocks, then you have little twits in power who thinks interact is real money borrow borrow borrow sells all of Canadas gold, cuz it's all old guys thinking way of life...... When this country is run into the ground you be happy to have a silver coin for a slurpee,it's illegal for gold to leave China so what does that tell ya

Joholio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had a few bucks from sellin the old Dodge, so I exchanged some for silver Maple Leafs(99.9%) today at $27.68/coin. See how it plays out...

gates559

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have followed prices for quite a few years, I'm no expert but right now I would rather buy platinum, palladium or rhodium. Metals are going up a little lately but will likely drop back down is a few months. Dont buy into the Mike Mahlooney bs, If you can afford to buy and hold until the market goes high ( like doubles) you'll do ok. If you will need to sell in six months, dont waste your money.

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I slowly started buying physical silver 2 years ago. I go with the SMI coins mostly as the maple leafs have pretty darn high premiums.
I call it my non taxable savings and once the economies tank precious medals will skyrocket (as you've started to see already).

Joholio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have followed prices for quite a few years, I'm no expert but right now I would rather buy platinum, palladium or rhodium. Metals are going up a little lately but will likely drop back down is a few months. Dont buy into the Mike Mahlooney bs, If you can afford to buy and hold until the market goes high ( like doubles) you'll do ok. If you will need to sell in six months, dont waste your money.

Who is Mike Mahlooney?

cbsharp

Reaction score
I opened a self directed tfsa with BMO. I bought shares in First Majestic silver back in March and traded in and out a bit when I should have just bought and held from the beginning. I've done ok with it though. Not sure what will happen going forward.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
I have the same issue with energy stocks in my self directed TFSA. I cashed out of Calfrac @ $3.17 after doubling my initial investment but I should have held, today they are trading at $4.09. I'm not into any hard assets but I wish I had of gone into my watch-list with $10,000 back in January - in most cases I'd be 4-8X my initial investment.

Newalta and Trican have also been good to me.

I opened a self directed tfsa with BMO. I bought shares in First Majestic silver back in March and traded in and out a bit when I should have just bought and held from the beginning. I've done ok with it though. Not sure what will happen going forward.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the same issue with energy stocks in my self directed TFSA. I cashed out of Calfrac @ $3.17 after doubling my initial investment but I should have held, today they are trading at $4.09. I'm not into any hard assets but I wish I had of gone into my watch-list with $10,000 back in January - in most cases I'd be 4-8X my initial investment.

I bought into Trican way too early when it started its slide and it has not been good to me.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
I believe it will come back strong, but it's all a calculated gamble. I've bought in small volumes at different price points (averaging $1.70) big jump today up 10% to $2.71 - when it inevitably drops back down to $2.50 I will buy another lot. I believe that by spring 2017 they will be back up over $10 with restored dividends and by 2018 will level out around $20.

Newalta is up 44% in the past 30 days and I've been doing the same here, small incremental purchases, drives up my average price but that's fine so long as they continue to grow.

Both were nice dividend stocks prior to the fall and I believe the worst is over and the incline will be sharp and steady.

But what do I know......

I bought into Trican way too early when it started its slide and it has not been good to me.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Did you see tri can this last few weeks?

Also Metruim Health has been good for us.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Bet your laughing with metrrum health now if you still hold it....220% increase since this post. Wish I had of kept playing with the account back in July.

Did you see tri can this last few weeks?

Also Metruim Health has been good for us.

Top Bottom