Going to boost my 2013 xm 163 which turbo do i pick

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thats impressive. I wish they all lasted like that. What kit are you running ?

I was running a conventional TSS system. It was installed on the sled when the sled had 150 miles on it. It hasn't really missed a beat in two years. I did rebuild the top end last summer as a preventive measure.

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When you did your top end which pistons did you use? Just curious.

I just replaced them with stock pistons but I took it to Brett Linderman at Arctic Edge and he cleaned up a bit of the porting and modified the squish band a little to handle the boost.

sick1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm kinda suprised you didn't cheap out or take some bad advice and used spi or some other dual ring blower uppers lol.. I would only use stock myself.. The milages that the post 2012 etecs are logging is pretty much proof that the top ends dont need any improvements.

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm kinda suprised you didn't cheap out or take some bad advice and used spi or some other dual ring blower uppers lol.. I would only use stock myself.. The milages that the post 2012 etecs are logging is pretty much proof that the top ends dont need any improvements.
No sir. Cheaping out on a set of pistons on a turbo sled is letting a monkey pack your parachute.

Dannyturbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was running a conventional TSS system. It was installed on the sled when the sled had 150 miles on it. It hasn't really missed a beat in two years. I did rebuild the top end last summer as a preventive measure.

how many km's before you did the top end?

cheeky24

Reaction score
How are your bottom ends holding up, what kind of km's are guys logging in.

Top Bottom