Goggles!?!

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
have you tried disposable contact lenses? they were the answer for me. tried lots of different stuff...no fog masks, full face helmet and shield, duct tape....nothing worked to my satisfaction. I never tried prescription goggles, a few seem to like them. my friend likes his BRP modular helmet, says it's about the best he's tried to work with his glasses.

northern bear

RIP May 30,2022
Reaction score
Go with contacts or just bite the bullet and do the laser surgery. I was never happy with any products out there that say they are designed to fit over glasses. Big and clumsy half the time with a poor fit. And that's everything out there not just goggles.

Sledpiggy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the Haber Vision perscription insert, goggle and fan. they are awesome! Fan and insert fits in the goggle but there is enough air flow that they keep clear and I don't usually have to use the fan.

Contact Jan @ Trax2Treadz... she will get you set up :)

farmerger

Reaction score
have you tried disposable contact lenses? they were the answer for me. tried lots of different stuff...no fog masks, full face helmet and shield, duct tape....nothing worked to my satisfaction. I never tried prescription goggles, a few seem to like them. my friend likes his BRP modular helmet, says it's about the best he's tried to work with his glasses.

+1. I bought the habervision eliminator goggles and they work great if you are just cruising along but once you're working hard they can't keep up. If you are just looking at trail riding the haber's work great. Me, I'm trying out contacts right now. A few issues so far but I'm still optimistic contacts are the answer for those of us with eyes so bad even laser surgery can't fix them.

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you're like me and at the point of progressives, then you're SOL on contacts. The Habervision fan was the best I found for keeping things clear "most" of the time, but I eventually just quit wearing goggles all together. Now I have a pair of safety glasses from work with different tinted lenses and special prescription inserts clipped inside them. They're the best for me, but hopeless in deep powder....then again so were my goggles. It also helped a lot going back to an open face helmet. Being blind sucks!

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you're like me and at the point of progressives, then you're SOL on contacts. The Habervision fan was the best I found for keeping things clear "most" of the time, but I eventually just quit wearing goggles all together. Now I have a pair of safety glasses from work with different tinted lenses and special prescription inserts clipped inside them. They're the best for me, but hopeless in deep powder....then again so were my goggles. It also helped a lot going back to an open face helmet. Being blind sucks!

I use progressives. My contacts are bifocal as well. One lense is for distance and the other for reading. Thought they were crazy when they told me that but it works well. Check it out.

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I use progressives. My contacts are bifocal as well. One lense is for distance and the other for reading. Thought they were crazy when they told me that but it works well. Check it out.

Yup, a buddy of mine tried those. Drove him nuts & he finally gave up on them.

sidehillgouger

Reaction score
If you ever find a pair of goggles that dont fog up treat em like gold. Had a pair of scotts in 2005 that never fogged up and ive bought probably 10 pairs since and have trouble with all of them. oh, and yes contacts.

Top Bottom