Non heated goggles

dabensmiller

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you can, take your helmet into a place with goggles to confirm fit before purchasing.
I have Oakley Airbrake XL's and they are the only goggles I have have used in years.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you can, take your helmet into a place with goggles to confirm fit before purchasing.
I have Oakley Airbrake XL's and they are the only goggles I have have used in years.

I had to do this, my Oakleys barely fit in my helmet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

M1ryguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can’t beat the 509 heated goggles but I also run a pair of TOBE goggles and am happy with them, better than most I’ve tried (non heated)

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I run Oakley flight decks with prism lenses, they have been great. If its super cold out I wear my Carbon 509 with the heated visor.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oakley Line Miner with rose prizm lens. Not quick change but I keep a spare pair in goggle bag under the hood. They almost never fog on me, ice fog on the outside is the more common issue.

Lunch_Box

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tempest is a new company that I would like to try but sadly they dont ship to Canada yet. No external battery pack, charge last for up to 3 days I guess, magnetic lense, no need to do anything other than put them on.

Ive been wanting to try the Smith Squad Mag or the 100% Norg, not a fan of my Oakley's or Tobe.

towerrigger

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Like others Smith Goggles have been really good for me. Pricey though.

Have a couple of the ZEAL portals. They do let snow in when you have dry powder. Snow gets between the frame and lense. Always found small amounts of snow on the inside of the goggle.

Found a cheaper goggle a couple years ago and they have been good. Magnetic lenses like the Smith's. I see now they are just as much as the other brands though.

Like anything gear related though not one goggle will work for everyone. I had some ABOM heated goggles but they would fog instantly after I put them on.

captain extreme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've been using's Zeal Nomads for probably 5 years, have smiths and 509's in my arsenal but always go back to the Zeals.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a couple pair of heated Abom goggles which is the same people as the new Tempest goggles. And a pair of Oakley infernos, infernos are definitely superior in battery life but the Aboms work well, just need two pair to get through a day when it’s deep and cold

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LID

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Smith I/O XL
Come with a sunny day lens and a flat light lens
The XL have more space to keep from fogging up
Really easy to change
They make a wicked double lens clear tint for night riding

vodoo103

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've been using's Zeal Nomads for probably 5 years, have smiths and 509's in my arsenal but always go back to the Zeals.

Same story...
I've been using the same pair of Zeal googles with the Photochromatic lens for at least 7 seasons. I tried a set of Heated 509's (which I sold), a set of Oakley's (which I gave to my son for Snowboarding) and went back to the Zeal's.

ziggity

Reaction score
ran scotts at first and was happy with them , am now running klim edge with their F3 carbon and its the best ive tried. No fogging issues at all and lense swap is easy, i dont even bother carrying a second set of goggles anymore. My father has the 509 Heated aviators and is also happy with them.

Top Bottom