Non heated goggles

Turblue

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I’ve been using Oakley airbrakes goggles for years but time for a change. Looking for a set of goggles that you can easily swap lenses. What’s good these days?

MP Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I’m in the same position…
Had an older set of Dragons that I loved. Thinner frames with the lenses sitting closer to your face give a much better field of view….
I’ve been looking at the Scott & FLY products. They seem to be very Motorsport friendly.

MP Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Where are you guys looking? Online or does someone have a decent dealer?

Every sled dealer I’ve been to only carries 509 & FXR garbage.

Turblue

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I tried 509 and they were terrible. Maybe better now as that was a few years back.

Turblue

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We use 100% brand they are the best I have found use the same pair all day they don’t fog at all for me. Good quality and decently priced compared to others.
I have heard these are decent. Any particular model?

gedakbx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Fort nine I believe carry’s them. Matrix Concepts is the distributor but I am not sure if you can buy direct from them. Rec Supply may also carry them.

gedakbx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think the only have one model, I have had the same 2 pair for the last 3 years I don’t think I have ever wore the second pair.

edge rmk700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have had 509 for years with and never had issues , I use the dual lenses for cold weather never fog up they work for me. My daughter has Oakley and loves them.

MK4TDI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I’ve been using Oakley airbrakes goggles for years but time for a change. Looking for a set of goggles that you can easily swap lenses. What’s good these days?
509 aviator 2.0 goggle without the heat is a quick change with the lenses. They clip onto the goggle frames with magnets.

I also picked up another pair from a ski and board shop in saskatoon, magnetic frames similar to the 509's. But you get 2 lenses and the goggles for under $200.

I think the brand was Trinsic, they fit good in my Klim helmet.

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I tried 509 and they were terrible. Maybe better now as that was a few years back.
I agree, 509 are a terrible goggle. Don't bother with heated goggles either, non are very good for what you pay for.
Have a look at Zeal optics, I have been using them for 3 seasons and doubt any other perform much better.
They have a few different models, the one you would be interested in uses the "Rail Lock System" for the lens.
Check them out, I doubt you will be disappointed.

BTW, the ones I use are the "Portal RL"

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone running the 509 heated with the magnetic lenses. Wondering how well they work.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've been running various Oakley goggles. I purchase from their Canadian website, and only buy when they are on sale. I generally try to get the "larger" sizes, whatever that means. I only buy Prizm lenses, and ideally the high light transmission lenses - though the darker lenses are easier to find on sale.

Top Bottom