Goggle Bag Does not work very well

birdie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am not very pleased with my extra goggles as they sit in the storage bag on the XM Belt guard

I find the bag that holds the goggles gets wet and I am not sure if its wet beacause it sweats

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My friends works good but what he did is cut out the back of the belt guard plastic where the vent is on the backside of the goggle bag it kind of restricts it

RGM

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You can also put dry goggles in a zip lock. This won't dry wet ones put it will keep dry ones dry and warm

Vipertonytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just leave the zipper open on the bag. The goggles can't fall out with the side panel closed.(The velcro strap is a pain in the *ss) They get air circulation that way and actually will dry out a wet pair.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just tuck mine on top of the belt guard when I'm stopped. 10 min for a bite to eat and they are dry again.

birdie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks Guys

I am talking about the BRP Goggle bag
I will look at the area to cut it out on the back side of the where the bag sits
I find the goggle bag gets socked and when i go to pull the pair out they are all wet
Kind of useless to keep a pair in there

I am wondering where all the wetness or moisture is coming from

Condensation or snow melting and getting in there

I have no side venting on that panel

birdie

jetpuff77

Reaction score
I have the BRP pre-filter kit. I leave the flap unzipped and velcro the goggles in place with their cloth sleeve on. I havent had a problem with wet goggles. I even dried out a buddys spare gloves in the bag (albeit they were thin) and my plastic cover is not drilled for ventilation.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Not saying this is the best way to doo it but this is what I did; cut open the bag and glued a piece of vent material on the top. Also, put holes in the plastic and in the aluminum shroud.

IMG_2787.jpg

-lenny-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tools need to be secure, and pop off the plastic divider. Way more heat to the gogs.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i see your tools are still in th CVT cover......
Better remove those things and store them somewhere else.....
I agree Doug with kimrick. There have been horror stories of tools coming loose and rattling around your TRA faces for a bit. Not sure how but it happens.

Rjjtcross8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mine seems to work fine, but I also have the prefilter kit on mine which I believe helps

stormtrooper

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I put the cat goggle bag off a m series on my clutch cover. Works great.

Me too. And the bag is half the price. Mine is getting worn out after 3 years. Going to replace with the rsi one. I do put my goggles in a ziplock but don't close off the ziplock when they are wet. To be honest since I have gone to the smith iOX goggles I don't use my spare set very often. I think only once this year in about 20 days of riding. They are very good goggles. I just carry spare lenses now and change out as required.

d mills

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Me too. And the bag is half the price. Mine is getting worn out after 3 years. Going to replace with the rsi one. I do put my goggles in a ziplock but don't close off the ziplock when they are wet. To be honest since I have gone to the smith iOX goggles I don't use my spare set very often. I think only once this year in about 20 days of riding. They are very good goggles. I just carry spare lenses now and change out as required.
Same here. Wear my 509's till they fog....put em in the bag.....wear my dragons and then the day is over. Not sure why I bother with the 509's. But they do defog quick.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I agree Doug with kimrick. There have been horror stories of tools coming loose and rattling around your TRA faces for a bit. Not sure how but it happens.

Chit happens for a reason. I think most of the horror stories/incidents have happened because the tools aren't put in properly. The open end wrench is the biggest concern. If it is backwards, it doesn't fit properly. I have used that for holding tools since the get-go on two sleds/year and not a problem. Ticking time bomb? Maybe..........but maybe not!

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Search "Ski doo goggle warmer" on this site and you will get 6 pages of good ideas from last year on how to make the bag work/dry way better.
Thread started Jan 22 2014 to aid in your search

Basically different ways to vent the bag!

Last edited:

77Crash77

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just put my 509 hard case in that spot. Been working great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom