Go Pro Sunlight + Snow light washout fix

347strokin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ask trent and brandon how they like there black edition LOL. so many problems
Serious? That sucks. My only issue is battery power if running the wifi. I don't use it and 2 batteries can easily last over a day. But I also don't leave the cam on for an hour straight or anything.

What kind of issues are they seeing? Got me worried now. Lol

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Serious? That sucks. My only issue is battery power if running the wifi. I don't use it and 2 batteries can easily last over a day. But I also don't leave the cam on for an hour straight or anything.

What kind of issues are they seeing? Got me worried now. Lol

im sure there are some that work fine. but my one friend has sent his back already and they sent him either a fixed one or a new one cant tell. but it only records for 5 seconds then shuts off. turn it back on again and it works fine. sometimes it just randomly turns on and off by itself too. the quality is unreal though

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've had nothing but problems with my Hero3 Silver, so I went back to using my Hero2. The 3 just does a lot of things very randomly. Turns its WiFi on by itself, even when the camera is off and drains the battery. Randomly turns on and off. I've gone through all their manual updates, and still doesn't work right. I have some friends who's 3 work flawlessly. It is a great quality picture on the 3 vs. the 2. I'd definitely be getting a polarized lens though for snow, if I ever get my 3 working correctly.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've had nothing but problems with my Hero3 Silver, so I went back to using my Hero2. The 3 just does a lot of things very randomly. Turns its WiFi on by itself, even when the camera is off and drains the battery. Randomly turns on and off. I've gone through all their manual updates, and still doesn't work right. I have some friends who's 3 work flawlessly. It is a great quality picture on the 3 vs. the 2. I'd definitely be getting a polarized lens though for snow, if I ever get my 3 working correctly.

sounds like the exact same problems my friend is having. we were in an epic drainage yesterday filming and it just randomly shutoff halfway through. should have seen the look on his face when he realized he didnt get it on camera. almost went rolling down the mountain!

Mikew5j

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When I first got my GoPro 3 Black it was glitchy. The firmware update seemed to solve all that for me. WiFi definitely sucks down batty life so I don't always use the remote. I had a big problem with washout on my GoPro 2 on bright sunny days, but the new one works great. Half the time in this video the camera is pointed straight at the sun but everything is clear.

Top Bottom