Go pro camera

RETODD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.valemountvacationrental.com
First shot at the GoPro Helmet Camera, Apple's iMovie and Youtube!!

Cliff approaching!!!!

Youtube sent me an email indicating that this video is blocked from viewing in Germany due to copyright infringement of the audio track I applied...Modest Mouse must be a German band?!?!?

This was taken Dec 28/09.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPO7fEXbBec[/YOUTUBE]

2manykids

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Who would have these in stock in Edmonton or will overnight ship to edmonton... and will be looking for most mounts also

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Cliff approaching!!!!

Youtube sent me an email indicating that this video is blocked from viewing in Germany due to copyright infringement of the audio track I applied...Modest Mouse must be a German band?!?!?

Just curious what you are using to edit your videos- I am using an HewlettPackard program with my HD HeroCam footage and it is taking FOREVER!! I have a newer/faster computer that I use really memory intensive programs for photography editing and it is never slow, so I am assuming it is my movie editing program that cant keep up to the large file size of the videos... Tips??

RETODD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website

Cliff approaching!!!!

Just curious what you are using to edit your videos- I am using an HewlettPackard program with my HD HeroCam footage and it is taking FOREVER!! I have a newer/faster computer that I use really memory intensive programs for photography editing and it is never slow, so I am assuming it is my movie editing program that cant keep up to the large file size of the videos... Tips??

I'm using a MacBook Pro and iMovie...it is awesome...all the raw footage sits on a 1 Tara-byte Time Capsule Base Station in my basement....that took me under 40 min from sitting down to enjoying on Youtube...I'm still new to iMovie.

You grab the video clips from the drive arrange, add text, add music right out of your iTunes library...the cats azz is that you directly publish to your Youtube account...no manual uploading.

Wingwalker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I finally bought the Camera worked good around the house
So went sledding in the fields and ditches near home
Seems that if you don't tighten it up enough you just get pics of the top of your helmet
Well At at least I didn't need to edit the video just threw it in the trash can
hopefully I have tightened it up enough now
Off to try it again probably just get pics of the sky this time

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I finally bought the Camera worked good around the house
So went sledding in the fields and ditches near home
Seems that if you don't tighten it up enough you just get pics of the top of your helmet
Well At at least I didn't need to edit the video just threw it in the trash can
hopefully I have tightened it up enough now
Off to try it again probably just get pics of the sky this time

So, I know this is going to sound retarded, but before we used our camera outside, we put on the helmet and wore it around the house to adjust the angle properly... I looked rather silly with my helmet and pj's on Christmas morning (and I was doing lunges and jumping jacks and twirly's to see how steady the footage would come out!) Try it... might save you some 'garbage can editing'!!

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm using a MacBook Pro and iMovie...it is awesome...all the raw footage sits on a 1 Tara-byte Time Capsule Base Station in my basement....that took me under 40 min from sitting down to enjoying on Youtube...I'm still new to iMovie.

You grab the video clips from the drive arrange, add text, add music right out of your iTunes library...the cats azz is that you directly publish to your Youtube account...no manual uploading.

All I have to say is "You suck!" I have major computer envy going on right now (can you see the drool slipping from the side of my jaw!?) I am in like hour 7 of pissing around with this video editor and I am now asking myself what the point is. I mean really, do we really need a video of us sledding around with music on it?

Sounds like you have a nice Mac system going there. I have often thought about making the leap, but with my photography business, I just dont have the time to make the shift. Someday...

RETODD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
I mean really, do we really need a video of us sledding around with music on it?

YES! You should be reprimanded!! :d:beer::d

The transition to a MAC was not seamless but is VERY worth it. We will not go back...so worth the time invested in learning OS X Snow Leopard...Windows cannot touch iMovie, iPhoto etc...which is INCLUDED :d

Last edited:

rubirose

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Yeah windows suck that is why I bought Adobe Premier Elements 8 . Very easy to use, can add text straight to the footage and can upload clips straight to Youtube.

98sumitt

Reaction score
I am new to the GOpro hd and cannot seem to run the hd clips on my pc. it is a vista. what have any of you others done or downloaded to watch your hd videos on your pc.

Wingwalker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

xc_rider08

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i got the go pro motorsports hero wide

i like it for the price and quality.. but damn it eats batteries.. and memory. usually will go thru 2, 2 gig memory cards a day riding. and thats not steady recording.

paid $135 shipped to my doorstep off ebay brand new and came with all the attachments and cords needed to run it.

some footage

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFCCIcK7Uh4[/media]

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DL5UNmdDDbE[/media]

last part of this video is the first part on helmet cam
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIrsCc0ewfE&feature=[/media]

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=536uYU42CdI[/media]

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if you go onto go pro's website there is a free upgrade so that you can use a 4gb memmory card. also if you use energizer lithium batteries they will last long enough to fill up the memory card. they are expensive but if you check out the source they usually have them buy one get one free.

Top Bottom