Gloves...

Oldguy55

Reaction score
Don't waste your money on the stupidly expensive Klim Elite gloves. Wore them a few times, not very waterproof or warm and hard to get your hand through gauntlet if you have a larger hand.

X-Treme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.robinsautomotive.ca
Wanted to bring this one back up to the top again, as it's getting to be that time of year. I tried a pair of Motorfist WOT late in the season and they were complete GARBAGE. As soon as my hands got even damp the stupid fricken liner would come half out when I took them off, and then bunch all to chit when I tried to put them back on. And didn't do much to keep my throttle thumb from freezing either. Waste of money for sure.

What else ya got? Think poor circulation. And............ GO!

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Been through 3 pair of MF (Valkyrie and WOT) and don't like them. They turn into sponges halfway through the season. Used True Adventure Gears last year and they were much better but still did not meet my expectations.

gibsons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah, haven't been overly impressed with Klim or motorfist. Usually carry a couple pair of the lighter ones because they do get wet, and a heavier pair of Klims on the sled in case the hands get to cold.

lsone

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ive ran DOO gloves, nice when they are dry but are a complete pain in the piss hole when your hand gets damp. The liner is very difficult to deal with when damp.

Reaction score
I ..... I am almost speechless..... I had no idea people put this much thought into gloves. I know for certain I am no where near as "serious" about sledding as many here, but I was completely unaware of all the specialized gear out there.

For gloves I do my best to go without... with hand warmers these days my hands never get cold until it hits the -20 or so mark. At that point I have a pair of longer style "gloves" (the same style I wore as a kid) that have always served me well, from Mark's Warehouse.... It might even be these exact ones. Now I can't help but wonder what I am missing out on?

32031_50-1150_Prod_1_BLACK DEERSKIN.jpg

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm tired of spending money on gloves that don't work as expected or the lining pulls out when your hands are damp.
A buddy got me a pair of Ninja Ice gloves from Gregg's or maybe Aucklands. They work pretty good and for $9 I can keep 3 pairs on the sled and ride all day. Even wet, they're still pretty warm.
I use the "good / expensive" gloves for the ride out.

sc800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Check out the new Highmark gloves from BRP. They have a bonding process inside so if your hands are wet they will slide in and out without the inner liner getting bunched up. Saw a demo where they had them sitting in water below the glove entry and were completely dry inside. They are a short glove and if you like a gauntlet style the Backcountry glove is the same design. Pricey but they work!
These are great gloves, tried them last year when we rode at Kusters. Like others some good mechanic gloves work well for tree riding! Something heavier for up and down the trail.

Complexd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had the cheapest Klim Klimate gloves, didnt mind it, but they took FOREVER to break in and as soon as they did, the durability dropped and sent mine away for warranty near the end of last year.

Especially in spring conditions, everything gets wet, so i just pack 3-4 pairs of light gloves for the entire day.

Also, i know this is a glove thread, but was looking at getting a pair of 509 aviators for this season, whats the best goggle out there?

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Complex, my eye is on the 509 Sinister X5. It's the new model, and cheaper than the Aviators.

Limbo

Reaction score
Thin mechanics, Motorfist or even motocross gloves for the ride up and in the trees etc. Heavier insulated gloves for the ride down in my pack and on the sled. The motocross gloves with silicone on the fingertips have amazing grip on the bars even when soaking wet and if you have a couple pairs they dry extremely fast under the hood or on the primary during breaks.

Skegmeister

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bought a 2nd pair of the TAG X1. Still have not used the Motorfist gloves.
I have pretty good circulation in my hands, so usually I have no handle bar or thumb heat when I am riding actively. Once things slow down on the ride home, I will switch into dry gloves and lo heat if it is cold (usually in McBride and Valemount).
How the gloves perform is a lot on how much your hands sweat or get cold. A buddy of mine goes through a six pack of hand warmers while sledding and he has some decent gloves, but his hands get wet and cold, even with my spare TAG's I gave to him to try out. As far a lasting quality, this will year 5 on my original TAG's and I am a bit of a bush whacker (proof is scraped into my bumper) and I get stuck a fair bit, so working hard wearing my gloves whilst sledding is how I base my evaluation on durability.

X-Treme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.robinsautomotive.ca
Bought a 2nd pair of the TAG X1. Still have not used the Motorfist gloves.
I have pretty good circulation in my hands, so usually I have no handle bar or thumb heat when I am riding actively. Once things slow down on the ride home, I will switch into dry gloves and lo heat if it is cold (usually in McBride and Valemount).
How the gloves perform is a lot on how much your hands sweat or get cold. A buddy of mine goes through a six pack of hand warmers while sledding and he has some decent gloves, but his hands get wet and cold, even with my spare TAG's I gave to him to try out. As far a lasting quality, this will year 5 on my original TAG's and I am a bit of a bush whacker (proof is scraped into my bumper) and I get stuck a fair bit, so working hard wearing my gloves whilst sledding is how I base my evaluation on durability.

Where'd ya pick em up?

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Complex, my eye is on the 509 Sinister X5. It's the new model, and cheaper than the Aviators.

If they are like the old 509's don't waste your money on them! I had the sinister when they came out and wow what pos's! Fogged all the time and 3 lenses in 5 days they all seperated

X-Treme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.robinsautomotive.ca
If they are like the old 509's don't waste your money on them! I had the sinister when they came out and wow what pos's! Fogged all the time and 3 lenses in 5 days they all seperated

I've never had a pair of 509's fog on me. Aviators or Sinister X5's. BUT, I do wear a Klim Arctic Balaclava with the Cyril Sneer breath deflector. Makes the helmet easier to put on too.

Still need to find gloves tho. I am 100% happy with the rest of my gear.

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For whatever reason, perhaps because I rarely sweat, I don't have a problem with goggles fogging. I've gone the last two years on one pair of Scotts. My other trick is to _always_ breathe downwards from my mouth while the helmet is on.

Skegmeister

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got both pairs at the Edmonton Sled show. Same kiosk as the Snow-Bunje. First pair I bought was from the big guy for Thunderstruck video's. He did not lead me astray about how good those gloves would be.
Where'd ya pick em up?

Top Bottom