Gloves...

gibsons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bought a 2nd pair of the TAG X1. Still have not used the Motorfist gloves.
I have pretty good circulation in my hands, so usually I have no handle bar or thumb heat when I am riding actively. Once things slow down on the ride home, I will switch into dry gloves and lo heat if it is cold (usually in McBride and Valemount).
How the gloves perform is a lot on how much your hands sweat or get cold. A buddy of mine goes through a six pack of hand warmers while sledding and he has some decent gloves, but his hands get wet and cold, even with my spare TAG's I gave to him to try out. As far a lasting quality, this will year 5 on my original TAG's and I am a bit of a bush whacker (proof is scraped into my bumper) and I get stuck a fair bit, so working hard wearing my gloves whilst sledding is how I base my evaluation on durability.

Who makes or sells these TAG's? I did a search and could not find them.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've never had a pair of 509's fog on me. Aviators or Sinister X5's. BUT, I do wear a Klim Arctic Balaclava with the Cyril Sneer breath deflector. Makes the helmet easier to put on too.

Still need to find gloves tho. I am 100% happy with the rest of my gear.

I haven't tried them out for a few years but when I did they never worked for me. But they were nice and comfy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Who makes or sells these TAG's? I did a search and could not find them.

TAG = True Adventure Gear, sold by SnoBunje Canada (Sledwrecks) at the Edmonton Snow Shows. Not sure who carries them in Saskatchewan, maybe the full brand name will help your search.

gates559

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm going to give the doo gloves or maybe Polaris ones a try. I want something insulated but with a thin leather palm, so I can get a good grip and let the heat from the hand warmers through.

Klim gloves are the only Klim product I don't like

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
I'm going to give the doo gloves or maybe Polaris ones a try. I want something insulated but with a thin leather palm, so I can get a good grip and let the heat from the hand warmers through.

Klim gloves are the only Klim product I don't like

Ski-Doo came out with some new gloves they say are waterproof and breathable, they say they test them by submerging them in water. Not cheap but might be a good new alternative.

Sledding Season Can't Come Soon Enough....

gibsons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm going to check them out as well but yes, very pricy. $200.00, they better work.
Ski-Doo came out with some new gloves they say are waterproof and breathable, they say they test them by submerging them in water. Not cheap but might be a good new alternative.

Sledding Season Can't Come Soon Enough....

mur190

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
bought 2 pairs of the 509 freeride gloves last year and love them, i have a old pair of motorfists with the gauntlet that i wear up and down the trail in and switch to the 509's once up top.

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have been running TAG gloves for the last 5 years. Both the storm and storm x models. love them. hands stay warm and dry.

Xfmontana

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I really like my 3 year old motorfist WOT gloves dry all day long

X-Treme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.robinsautomotive.ca
I got both pairs at the Edmonton Sled show. Same kiosk as the Snow-Bunje. First pair I bought was from the big guy for Thunderstruck video's. He did not lead me astray about how good those gloves would be.

Hey Skeg...... Do you go with the "Powder" (extended gauntlet), or the "Storm" (no gauntlet)?

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I really like my 3 year old motorfist WOT gloves dry all day long

I agree, my WOT's have 2 seasons on them, the gloves can be wet on the outside but my hands stay dry....I bought another pair at the Edm sled show

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tried em last year and after the second ride, I decided that they were the biggest pieces of chit that I ever spent $120 on. Definitely don't get my recommendation.

Are your hands getting wet because they are too warm and sweating? Can't blame the glove if the moisture is coming from the inside. On warm days, I switch to a lighter glove.

gibsons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a Valkyrie glove...couple years old and only worn once...they were great until I lost one at Blue Lake from not having my tunnel bag zipped up:realmad:
I will double check which had but I'm pretty sure it's the right, so if anyone needs one, pm me. Otherwise I'm tossing it.

X-Treme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.robinsautomotive.ca
Are your hands getting wet because they are too warm and sweating? Can't blame the glove if the moisture is coming from the inside. On warm days, I switch to a lighter glove.

Hard to say. The second ride involved about 3 hours of fighting to get my buddies 24 stroke out out of a REALLY bad stuck (think broken knee stuck). The problem I had with them is the when my hands DID get wet (whatever caused it makes no difference to my issue), and I pulled my hands out, I could not, for the life of me, get my hands back into them, cause the liner was so fawked up.

Bought a pair of TAG's at the show, and the liner is bonded at the tips of the fingers to hopefully eliminate my issue. I've also heard the same about the Ski Doo Highmark gloves. Gonna grab a pair of them as well. None at the show.

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I usually ride with Motorfist Wot's and on colder days or the ride out the Rekon gloves.. I'm trying the Alpha Glove too this year. Thinner leather glove with light padding but uninsulated. Super grippy and thin.
I spend quite a bit of time digging myself out and usually pack 2 pairs of gloves for the just in case times.

Here is the alpha
alpha_glove.jpg

extrmsled

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tried the new highmark gloves from doo
rode 3 days in Revy with a tonne of stucks
outside of gloves soaked - inside stayed dry All day
200$ well spent other doo gloves and klim gloves become work gloves now
Very impressed

Top Bottom